cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Plant in Sales Order VA01 - Field DWERK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can someone explain to me why in a sales order VA01, the plant doesn't show when selected in field DWERK and only in the line item?

Can this affect the selection of a batch for a given material?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This delivering palnt DWERK is coming from the customer master record in shipping tab...if u don maintain there then it will pick from material mater rec...

If there is no default value when you process the sales order item, enter a delivering plant.

The value proposed in the item is either

from the customer master record of the goods recipient, or

from the material master record

And...

If u can get the palnt data at item level then it wont affect ur selection of batch....

Reg

JJ

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

Hope you are referring the plant in the overview screen of VA01 t code near requested delivery date

There plant wont get determined because basic simple reason that it is at header level and a sales order can contain many line items and they can be delivered from different plants and hence mentioning single plant at that field doesnot solve any purpose

Plant is always at item level in a sales order thro priority rules CMIR of Sold to party, CMR of Ship to party or MMR

So dont look for plant at Field DWERK

Regards

Raja

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

There plant wont get determined because basic simple reason that it is at header level and a sales order can contain many line items 

is there any specific reason for providing that field in sales order...what could be the reson?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

In fact I wanted to know if there is a link between the selection of this plant and the batch. Because I cannot select a batch in my sales order although I can see them through the F4 menu when I press the key.

There are available quantities in my batches for the material i have selected and because I cannot select them I thought the problem could come from the fact that the plant doesn't automatically come up into the DWERK field of the sales order.

Regards

Chris

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir

is there any specific reason for providing that field in sales order...what could be the reson?

I dont know the reason and purpose of SAP providing the field DWERK at overview in VA01 screen

There might be some purpose and some scenario this field may be useful which so far i never came across

As far as my knowledge goes it is always at item level ( the entry of automatic determination of plant )

Correct me if i am wrong

Since a sales order can have multiple line items supplied from different plants the automatic determination doesnot happen there

Regards

Raja

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Adding to ur comments..though u change manually this header DWERK value contradicted to the item level plant data, system will thro' only a warning msg...not an error msg....It is still a mystery for me too..

And according to the comments by Mr.Chris , i don think this DWERK can control the batch selection at item level..ther may be some other issue...

REG

JJ

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I completely agree with your explanation. I do have this doubt since long time and never tried to test it. I am under the impression that, if we give a plant manually in this field, that will be copied to all the line items overwriting the plant that was determined.

Thanks,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating sale order, before keying in the material code, if you maintain the delivering plant at header level immediately after selecting the sold to party and customer PO number and date, and subsequently, input the material codes, the value from above field will be copied to all line items, assuming that the line item entered is extended to that plant. Otherwise, system will throw an error.

This is just to simplify our work to key in manually the delivering plant in all line items manually assuming that the same is neither maintained in customer master nor in Customer Info nor in Material Master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The delivering plant is proposed from CMIR or Customer master or from Material master if you have maintianed the entry in the delivering plant field. This plant detail will be available at item level in the field VBAP-WERKS.

Whereas the plant field RV45A-DWERK available in the Overview screen of the sales order will not be populated from the above proposal. It is used for other purpose. If you read the F1 help under USE for this field it says that " This plant is automatically copied into the sales order item as the default value." But this is not happening originally. I believe this field is used for some other purpose.

I also hope that this will not affect the selection of a batch for a given material.

Regards

Rajkumar K

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Basically plant gets determined in the following sequence in the order.

Customer Master/ Material Master/ Customer Material Inforecord. Check If different Plant has been maintained in customer master. The system checks whether it can propose a value from Material Master(and for your own plants, whether the material has been created in the plant). If thesystem can propose a value, the plant is copied to the sales order item where you can change it as required.Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Can someone explain to me why in a sales order VA01, the plant doesn't show when selected in field DWERK and only in the line item?

Ans: You might have not defined the plant either in the customer master or in the material master(rare chances)

Can this affect the selection of a batch for a given material?

Ans: I don't think it will effect...

Please reply with your findings.

Skumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After we select the plant ,it gets copied into line items .

So it wont affect batch selection as u can see once the plant is assigned to line item value remains constant except when changed.

Every time we go to transaction ,if plant has not been defaulted from CMIR,CMR or Material master system will not feed any value in screen filed of DWERK .so it is blank.

If we set default value system uploads the same. Then u have to change in item data if required.

Regards

Mandar