cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services for object box not visible for some users

0 Kudos

Dear All,

PM module experts please help. In equipment master transaction IE02 in left hand top corner we get box for SERVICES FOR OBJECT which is useful for attaching external documents like word and excel. but problem is it is not visible for some users. Our security/authorisation team has also done some check but didn't get any solution.

anybody knows the reason why there is no box availabe?

Thanks

SR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faced the same issue in the test environment. The only difference in the 2 users was the user type. Are both users equal user types? In my case the dialog user did have the object services toolbar, the service user did not. Changing the service user to a dialog user did the trick.

0 Kudos

Hi Ruud,

I think you have exactly pin pointed the problem. I checked it again and found that problem is with User type- Service only.

I appreciate your help and thanks a lot for the solution given.

Regards,

Siddhartho

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddhartho Raha,

Check if all of them are on the same version of the GUI and whether they have the "Use New Visual design" turned on in the SAP GUI configuration?

Regards

Narasimhan

0 Kudos

Hi Narsimhan,

Thanks for your reply. I logged in from same desktop with two different login. from one service box is visible but from another it is not visible. So do you still think it is problem of SAP GUI?

Regards,

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

SR,

This looks like User specific problem then.Can you double check the auth of both users? These two roles SAP_BC_SRV_USER and SAP_BC_SRV_ARL_USER should be assigned.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddhartho Raha

I think this problem related ABAP work,this problem very general problem,first refer any note availble or search throgh any class in SE24

note are like this way 492331,this is not related to your query but same like it is and also may be

Due to an error in the coding, it was possible to link a Word document to a Document in IE01. Because the data cannot be saved in transaction IE01, the linked document is lost after leaving the transaction.

Hope this may helps you

Prem.

0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your reply. I already searched SAP notes, but didn't get any help.

Regards,

SR