cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the standard W4 ESS scenario, future records can be created using the valid from date. Here the records can be created with any furture date. But we want to restrict the creation of future records within 30 days from the current date. How best this can be achieved.

Your valuable inputs please.

Thanks in Advance,

Mirza.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Spro under

Personnel Management --> Employee Self Service >Service Specific Settings>Own Data

there is an option to change your default start date. This is to set up a BADI , HRXSS_PER_BEGDA, for your customer specific settings. We used it to make sure that the date entered was always greater than the accounted to date on IT0003, but I believe this BADI can be used to do whatever validation you need based on the infotype. There is help in the IMG when you get there.

Hope this helps.

Pam laverty

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi hyder,

my level of understanding is if u want to change of any layout or rearrange table or some thing we can work in using webdynpro for java

as u told that u r using the standard procedure only thing u have to do the some of the modification in SPRO and activate the all the necessary components

let me know u need any further information

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Can you please show me the configuration steps in SPRO for the above scenrio.

Thanks and Regards,

hyder

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if it is standrad procdure

u have to check the standrad setting for the ess module

1 what is the portal stack ( portal side sp levels)

2. what is the r3 levels ( like ea- hr,ea-appls )

3. hope the jco and ITS(some applications will needs-- like webdynpro abap)

4. for to see the what are the services avialable in spro refer this link

/people/siddhartha.jain/blog/2006/04/10/configuring-the-business-package-for-employee-self-service-ess-mysap-erp-2004

this is for standard procdure

let me know u need any furtheir info

ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I guess this type of customizations must be done from SPRO transaction, i,e from r/3 side..

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use the drop down to show only the next 30days.

Regards,

Nagaraju