cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supress/Hide one field/value in Monitoring Message(Both ABAP and JAVA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement in our project where we need to supress one xml field from the incoming message and it shouldn't be visible in both ABAP and JAVA statck monitoring of PI.

For example: if the incoming message has field like EMP NAME,EMP ID, EMP DOB.

I need to hide EMP ID alone from PI, so that the other fields are visible.i.e EMP NAME and EMP DOB.wen i look in smxb_moni and RWB i have to see only EMP NAME and EMP DOB, not the EMP ID or its value.PLease note that the value of the field to be hidden is needed for mapping and unavailble only for monitoring purpose.

if any one has done this requirement please share ur views.

Kindly post ur views regarding this requirement.

Regards,

Suja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> We have a requirement in our project where we need to supress one xml field from the incoming message and it shouldn't be visible in both ABAP and JAVA statck monitoring of PI.

>

> For example: if the incoming message has field like EMP NAME,EMP ID, EMP DOB.

> I need to hide EMP ID alone from PI, so that the other fields are visible.i.e EMP NAME and EMP DOB.wen i look in smxb_moni and RWB i have to see only EMP NAME and EMP DOB, not the EMP ID or its value.PLease note that the value of the field to be hidden is needed for mapping and unavailble only for monitoring purpose.

>

> if any one has done this requirement please share ur views.

> Kindly post ur views regarding this requirement.

>

> Regards,

> Suja

well one option is to write a custom module and remove those fields at the adapter level itself.

drawback is tht those fields will be still visible if u go into rwb -> message monitor via adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for ur reply.

I don't want to remove the field, i need to hide the content of the field in monitoring area, but it needs to be passed to message mapping for processing.

Any idea on this, how to proceed in PI.

Regards,

Suja

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well one way is to define an access control - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/02/xi-sxmbmoni--controlling-access-to-message-display

why dont you explore that option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I have gone through the blog, but here it says that we cannot view the message.

Not authorised to view the payload for particular access.

But in my case i want the specific coulmn field to hide it from monitoring but rest all the fields needs to be visible to the user.

Any inputs to achieve this?

Regards,

Suja

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternative could be to encode the field value you wish hide using a secret key (there are many APIs and encryption algorithms available) in an adapter module. Further you can decode the field value in the mapping program before you map it to the target structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternative could be to encode the field value you wish hide using a secret key (there are many APIs and encryption algorithms available) in an adapter module. Further you can decode the field value in the mapping program before you map it to the target structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sujatha,

I donot thing there is any such functionality availabe in XI to hide the field in ABAP or JAVA stack. We can delete the field from the sender structure and which cannot be used further in mapping, but in your case you want to use the field in the mapping

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujatha,

Can you explain the type of interface? Is it R3 -- XI --?

In case if the sender is R3 can't you hide/not send the field value from source itself.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

The Scenario is SOAP to SOAP.

Regards,

Suja

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujatha,

Try this, not sure whether this will help you or not.

The field which you want to hide in the cource side should be having occurence 0..1. Try making the occurrence 0..0 or infact remove the node from the source xsd/wsdl.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

The field occurence is mandatory from my source side.

I cannot by pass this field as it is needed in my mapping.

Any Inputs on how to proceed?

Regards,

Suja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujatha,

Hope u have found a solution to your problem.Kindly let me know how you tackled the situation.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sujatha,

Correctly said by Prateek. One more thought is, If sender source is File we can use Runtime OS Command in File Adapter to read the file content and delete the particular Field in Content. Use Runtime OS Command before Message Processing option. By this even it will not reach Adapter Monitoring. Just a thought.

You can try to achieve it.

Regards,

Anurag Garg