cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment item assignment to G/L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can You please help me sort out issue with Message no. FI311 (No commitment item entered in item 00010.... ) in material purchasing docs which occurred after activating Project cash management.

Commitment item type 30, category 3 has been created (FMCIA) and assigned to one clearing G/L account related to WBS

Why do I need to assign all G/L accounts to this commitments item? All I need is only having planned payment in operation (CJ48).

I already checked note 1267998 (FI311 - Common issues related to this error message). I dont want to distribute manually commitment item for each G/L account so I set up derivation rule in FMRULES and assigned to derivation strategy (FMDERIVE) / company code. But the error above is still shown. What else needs to be done?

I also would like to ask what is the impact on G/L accounts from FI point of view when commitment item is assigned?

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok I see - I need to assign other accounts to commitment item - can I use only one commitment item for all accounts, or it is necessary to divide as per type of account/transaction? I only created one commitment item for Project payments (type 30, category 3)

What types of commitment item parameters should be used for P/L accounts(costs) from Mm docs. ?

Thank you for your help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use T Code FIPOS to automatically create commitment items from GL accounts.

For more detailed information about PCM refer note 701075

Regards

Sreenivas

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To know more about creating the Commitment items, please refer the note: 144169.

Hope it helps....

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys!

Will try assign it via FIPOS and let you know...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One need to create the commitment item for the Balance sheet account (Used in PR and PO) also for the P/L Account used.

Please create the commitment item for the Balance sheet account as well.

As per my understanding you have only created the commitment item for the P/L account.

Take help of the MM and FICO consultant to find out the B/S account and the assignment of the commitment item to this.

Hope it helps...

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Any Posting happens in FI will fetch the data in project cash management only by commitment items. So whenever there is PO, Invoice or payment, check the G/L is supported with commitment items.

Commitments items referred to Project cash management or Fund Management or Cash Management whereas G/L A/c referred to Financial Accounting.

Hope I answer your Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaghag

not fully

I understand that commitment item refers to Funds managements, and G/L A/c is FI issue.

But I cant understand why do I need to have assigned commitment item in case of FI accounting (ME21N, ME51N...) - in this case I am getting the error FI311 as described above. Please explain...

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assigning Commitment item to G/L account is the integration part...by this way FI and FM area are getting integrated....

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

it check the budgeted Vs Commitment. (budget control)