SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on MPRN number

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a standard SAP architecture for the Utilities industry, where will the MPRN number reside?

Is it part of Asset Master data or Premise master data?

Cheers

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

There are various options. Mainly the MPRN is available in a technical point of delivery.

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

There are various options. Mainly the MPRN is available in a technical point of delivery.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the reply Fritz. Does that mean it resides in the Asset Management system or in PM?

I am trying to find out the golden source for MPRN, from where it can be pulled by different systems.

Cheers

Jack

0 Kudos

you can see the manufacturer related details for the Device at IQ03 .Go to the general Tab of the Device and then look at the manufacturer data.it relates to plant maintenance data.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much Narendar.

Cheers

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Standard SAP Meter Point Reference Number is not available, it is External POD No, that we need to maintaied in De-regulated Energy Market to Exchange the Data to other Market Participants.

When ever your creating the Installation system automatically create the De-Reg POD. We need to assign the MPRN no here

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply Nammi. So does that mean MPRN number lies in POD data or in Installation data?

One of the participants suggested that it exists in Device data.

But in our business case, I found out that there's a seprate business entity (a metering division) maintains the MPRN number and pushes through a batch file every now and then, thus updating the legacy systems.

Now all these legacy systems will be replaced by SAP and I am not sure what they want to do with this MPRN (I mean keep continuing the bacth uploads or get it in SAP so as to minimize interfaces)

Cheers

Jack