cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting technical usages for the EHP 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am in the process of implementation of SAP enhancement pack 4.

In the Technical usages what should be selected, i have read the document /people/christian.oehler/blog/2008/11/09/how-techies-can-select-relevant-technical-usages-of-sap-enhancement-packages and also What IT Professionals Need To Know About SAP enhancement packages for SAP ERP.

But still not clear what to select the technical usages for SAPEHP4.

Please let me know what technical usages can be selected and also is it better to select the EHP4 with the support pack stack 2 or EHP4 with the support pack stack 3.

Thanks.

please help

anup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In the Technical usages what should be selected, i have read the document /people/christian.oehler/blog/2008/11/09/how-techies-can-select-relevant-technical-usages-of-sap-enhancement-packages and also What IT Professionals Need To Know About SAP enhancement packages for SAP ERP.

You need to select those technical usages you use or you plan to use. This is something that your "module responsibles" should be able to tell you.

> Please let me know what technical usages can be selected and also is it better to select the EHP4 with the support pack stack 2 or EHP4 with the support pack stack 3.

It's always a good idea to use the latest support package stack.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for your quick response.

During the implementation i am following the below two guides --- How to install EHP4 on SAP ERP6 and also

SAP Enhancement Package Installation Using SAP Enhancement Package Installer for ABAP.

Apart from the above do i need to follow any other guides. Ofcourse i am following the SAP notes for the sap EHP4.

thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Apart from the above do i need to follow any other guides. Ofcourse i am following the SAP notes for the sap EHP4.

Apart from reading the notes mentioned in the guides - no, you should be fine (and yes, it can appear "a bit" confusing) - but once you got the whole point it's not that difficult.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuroop,

To check which technical usage type already installed on your system, use below link:

http://<server name>:5<instance number>00/utl/UsageTypesInfo

By this link you will get all usage type installed on your system and Then you can select these usage type while downloading patches from MOPZ.

Thanks

Sunny

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sunny the link didn't worked ..its said request resource not found??ERP 6.0 ..how to check the usage types ??

Regards

Ajay

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> http://<server name>:5<instance number>00/utl/UsageTypesInfo

This is for JAVA instances, he's talking about ABAP (ERP 6.0).

Markus

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

I don't want to hijack the actual question ,but ERP 6.0 ,ABAP + Java.

When i typed the link to test ,didn't show the usage types.

Port 5XX00 .one more strane thing ..when i used the port 80XX ,its open up the index page ,nwa page etc..Is this okay ??

Sorry actually for jumping in..:)

Regards

Ajay

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I don't want to hijack the actual question ,but ERP 6.0 ,ABAP + Java.

> When i typed the link to test ,didn't show the usage types.

Did you enter the full URL?

http://<hostname>:5<port>/utl/UsageTypesInfo

> Port 5XX00 .one more strane thing ..when i used the port 80XX ,its open up the index page ,nwa page etc..Is this okay ??

Why shouldn't it?

The Java part doesn't know which UTs you use in ABAP.

Markus

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i provided the full URL.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Yes i provided the full URL.

No idea - works perfectly here.

Markus

Answers (0)