cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my application I am populating a table UI element with values. The cardinaity of the table is 0....n.

The table has values. The 1st line item in the table is highlighted by default via lead selection.

Now the problem that I am facing is, when I try to select any other line item I am getting the error 'Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible'. What could be the reason for this error?

Thanks,

Subathra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subathra,

Can you please go through ST22 & paste here the information about where the error had occurred? Also it we would be better if you could help us a bit more about the kind of functionality that you were trying to achieve in your component. (May be something like what you wanted to do on leadSelection or about any special context node creation...)

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

please check the property "INIZIALISATION LEAD SELECTION" of the context node , to which your table is binded

then the NULL POINTER EXCEPTION would not come .

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

I have not implemented any lead selection event. I have just checked the lead selection in the context node.

Should I do any coding for lead selection? If yes, pls let me know what should be coded.

Thanks,

Subathra

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Should I do any coding for lead selection?

You shouldn't be required to do any coding. I believe the original poster was perhaps just inquiring if you had code in this event handler that it might be the cause of the dump. We would need to know more about where the dump occured - as suggested earlier you can find these details in ST22. However if you in fact have no event handler for onLeadSelection, then this might be a bug in the framework that you would have to enter a support ticket for. We can't really say for sure - especially without knowing more about where the dump occured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Have you imlpemented the onLeadSelect event and placed any code in there ? If so place your code. Also kindly check in ST22 that at which point you are getting the dump and paste that piece of code here. Regards, Radhika.