cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading files in easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Now currenctly client maintaing its files (xls,doc etc ) in folder wise.

For ex- Account(folder) -

>billing (F)---->vendor (F)---->

xls,doc,pdf etc like for all department (design,sales.purchase)

now i want to upload 50000 thousand files in easy DMS . how can i upload the files , folder wise in the easy DMS.

kindly help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

So your client has different files stored on his PC in windows and now wants to copy these files to EasyDMS?

In this case I would recommend you to create the necessary folder structure first in EasyDMS (e.g. folder 'Account'). Since this folder exists you can copy and paste the files from the windows folder to the matching folder in EasyDMS.

So since the folders exists in EasyDMS you can just copy/paste or drag/drop files to EasyDMS and they will be uploaded in the

SAP system. Please note that you cannot transfer whole folders but only files. For this scenario please see also SAP note 948254 where the usage of registry key 'CreateDocsWithManyOriginals' is explained in detail. Because this key is necessary to avoid that only one document info record with a lot of original files.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear christoph,

Thx for your reply.

Can you tell me which is the to best way to uploading data in easy DMS. Wht i have decided I want to share with you people ,

1) Creation of folder structure

2) Uploading data through BDC (CV01N)

3) manually Search the DIR document type or number wise in easy dms and linked to res. folder .( But i thought third step is not feasibile bcoz we have planned to to upload 50k files )

If you have any idea kindly share with me

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.I think u need to develop LSMW for uplaoding documents.

2.Sugession is u have to develope your own custamized BDC and upload the document.

Benakaraj

??P