Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form printing in Greek language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Greetings for the Day!!!

I have created a standard text in Greek language ,,its coming/appearing correctly in the system/print preview ..

But while taking print of that standard text in Greek lanaguage ,,the characters are getting changed , i am getting all different characters only when taking the printout ..

All suggestion/alternatives to fix the above problem willl be highly appreciated

Regards,

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

[Double Byte Characters in SAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00adf4da-76f1-2910-43aa-81ad2a67332c?overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use SE63->other long texts->PDF to translate the form text - the data should be automatically converted.

or

If u r using SAP Script, Use the statement SET COUNTRY... in script, it automatically converts the text in the given country language and it can be used only in sapscript.

with regards,

Mamta Kumari

Edited by: Mamta Kumari on Aug 6, 2009 12:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greek language uses a different code page/character set. The printer has to point to an SAP device type that supports this character set, and has the code page set properly (in transaction SPAD). Talk to the BASIS people to see if they can set this up. Also, the physical printer has to support the font being used. If it does font substitution on the SAP side, you could end up with different characters on the actual output. You can check this in transaction SE73, selecting Printer Fonts, Display. Select the device type being used for the printer and then Font Conversion. You can compare the fonts being used in the SAPscript/SmartForms to the actual fonts being sent to the printer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Do one thing you can change your form language in Greek and try. Might be it will work. Even your SO10 i mean to say that your standard text is in Greek language and forms are into other language so i think i would be problematic for SAP Script. So Change your form language Greek too.

Afterward still getting problem then let me know. I will try to solve your problem.

Regds,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your response!!!

I have used the form in Greek language and also Standard text in Greek language ..but stilll am unable to print Greek language ..

but am able to display the greek language correctly in the system ...

Regards,

Jack