cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with integrated BI reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

has anybody of you experience with the integrated BI-reporting in Solution Manager or some documents to share?

information on help.sap.com is very poor.

We try to set up a reporting with the integrated BI. I think I could collect the data in transaction solution_manager. But when I try to initialize the process chain, I couldn't found the chain.

The BI can only be set up on just one client (in our case 001). I work on solution manager on client 100. Is this a problem?? In which client do I have to initialize the process chains 001 or 100. Is there anaything to do in client 001 or can I customize my reporting from client 100?

Can I use full functionality of a normal SAP BW System or is it just a part?

Sorry for these basic questions, but I use the integrated BI the first time and can not find any documentation.

Thank you

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can continue using 001 suggest not to use standard one can create a client say 200 and add entry in RSADMINA - BWMANDT.

In which client do I have to initialize the process chains 001 or 100

You need to inialize the process chains in your BW client. Run CCMSBISETUP from your BW client.

Can I use full functionality of a normal SAP BW System or is it just a part?

You can use full functionality of a normal SAP BW system.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Edited by: Raguraman C on Aug 5, 2009 6:44 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

what is the current SP of your SolMan?

I would advise you to use at least EHP1 (SPS18). Because there, the data model for BI reporting has been changed completely: no process chains any more, insted the (offically: easy to use extractor framework).

The standard implementation for BI in SolMan should be in the productive client.

Regards,

Dirk