cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there a method where we can club/ collate several inspection lots and make one inspection lot?

My requirement :-

One PO has several line items. But one material. Each line item is for a different sales order. Is there a possibility (standard SAP or enhancement) once GRN only one inspection lot getting created. Im using indicator in QM View material master Control Inspection Lot "For Each Material Document Item".

Eg:

PO = 470005465

LI 10 - 1010565 - SO - 65648

LI 20 - 1010565 - SO - 65649

Is there any settings we can make once we GRN above mentioned PO one inspection lot getting created.

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

Kindly send me the settings Material master, inspection type, inspection plan , Purchase order , Good receipt and inspection lot details that you are doing. Let me check and give back my feedback

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Material master QM view Inspection type 01,

Inspection lot control as i have mentioned any method (material wise, PO wise etc.)

those are the QM settings i have defined. PO are generated by using purchase requisitions and MRP generated. All the other parts are standard generated ones. I hope my details are enough.

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go for Customised solution then take SO reference in Inspection Short Text. So, its available during Inspection activity. If your users purpose to see which SO against they are doing inspection activity then its useful.

I think no other way to get single Insp. Lot for different PO Line Item.

Regards,

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

Create a purchase order without reference to any sales order and test the functionality with the inspection control

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you remarked anything in Inspection Lot (QA03) or QA32 that's have reference of any object like PO , Material Doc., Sales Order, WBS.

If any of this object is different in PO / Material Doc. then SAP system create diffrent lot.

Either you have to create PO without Sales Order reference or you have to go for some kind of development.

Development :

You have to create customise transaction. Create Manual lot with reference of Material Docs. In that user have facility for Insp lot creation based on Material document's Material / also facility for clubbing of multiple Material Docs for single Material.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Even if i create a PO without Sales Order reference and GRN two PO line items 2 inspection lots getting created.

Dear SAP Champ,

Thanks for your suggestion. But if i create manual lots i wont be having sales order reference. According to my requirement, at the point of Results Recording user have to enter SO and limit their selection. If i create manual lots user won't be able to do that. Am i correct?

Regards,

DTD

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

This is working correct for me. Please let me know whether you are using any DMR in the inspection plan. I mean are you creating the skip lot

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

No i'm not. Im using inspection plan with a Sampling procedure with Fixed Sample.

In your system with the PO details requirement i mentioned, one material for two PO line items with 2 different SO. Is only one Inspection Lot getting created? Is any other area of customizing do i have to make any changes?

Regards,

DTD

Edited by: TMDTDSL on Aug 4, 2009 1:48 PM

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

1) Please let me know what is your purchase order line items

2) Was the batch number for both the GRNs where same and the storage location was same

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try using control insp lot key '1' An inspection lot for each material document and material

As per SAP help, If you set this indicator, the system creates only one inspection

lot for a material document (in a goods receipt transaction) for

each material. This setting is useful, if several purchase orders or

partial deliveries are processed for the same material in a goods

receipt transaction.

This seems to work for your requirement.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh/ Hemant,

I followed the procedure exactly like you said. In the material master i assigned Control inspection lot 1 For each material document, material, batch and storage location. And i did the above mentioned scenario. Once i GRN one material document got created in Inventory Management. But when i check in inspection lot 2 inspection lot has got created with one material document.

Inspection Lot 10000000185 Material Document 5000199415 Item 1

Inspection Lot 10000000186 Material Document 5000199415 Item 2

1. why only one lot is not creating?

2. also as per the help file 1 doesn't shows as For each material document and material. Insptead it shows as what i mentioned in the underline area. why is that?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the system has rightky created the inspection lots for each material. The setting is for each material document and each material. Means if you have 10 different materials in the materilal document the system will create 10 inspection lots

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

PO = 470005465

LI 10 - 1010565 - SO - 65648

LI 20 - 1010565 - SO - 65649

Batch No and the Storage Location are same.

Batch - 0946

Storage Location - 7040

Dear Amol,

Whats the solution? Is there a possibility to cater my requirement?

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

If Batch Number is same for all Line Items, select the indicator 'X' An inspection lot for each purchase order item in Control Insp Lot in Material Master.

U would be getting one insp. lot.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with X for each order item ,batch and storage location

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh, Hemant, Kappettu, Amol,

I tried the following for the above mentioned PO scenario for new material.

control inspection lot - for each material document item

control inspection lot - for each material document, material, batch and storage location

control inspection lot - for each material, batch and storage location

control inspection lot - for each for each purchase order item, batch and storage location

But once GRN for every time 2 inspection lots getting created. Is there another method that i can use? Is there any enhancements?

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DTD

There is no process wherein you can add up all the item quantity and create an inspection lot.

But there are other funtionality for entire purchase order you can get one lot for one Item or for the first GR using the inspection control

1) 'X' An inspection lot for each purchase order item

An inspection lot is only created during the first goods receipt for each PO item

2) '1' An inspection lot for each material document and material

If you set this indicator, the system creates only one inspection lot for a material document (in a goods receipt transaction) for each material. This setting is useful, if several purchase orders or partial deliveries are processed for the same material in a goods receipt transaction.

I think you can use the second one for your use

Regards

Gajesh