Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appending Contents To the same file while downloading

Simha_
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I am using function module <b>GUI_FILE_SAVE_DIALOG</b> for the popup to come and ask for the file to download.

And i am passing the filename to the F.M <b>GUI_DOWN</b>LOAD to download the details.

In the F.M <b>GUI_FILE_SAVE_DIALOG</b> there is a option called extend which appends the contents to the file if it exists already.

But in my case it is not happening. The new contents get replaced by the old. I have to append the new contents to the file.

How to do it?

Any idea. Or Can u tell me where i'm going wrong.

Regards,

Simha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

the extend option in GUI_FILE_SAVE_DIALOG is not for appending to the file but it can be used to give default extension to the file , eg .XLS ,

if u want to append to the file u have an option <b>APPEND</b> in GUI_DOWNLOAD , mark that as X

pls let me know any queries

pls reward points for helpful answers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

the extend option in GUI_FILE_SAVE_DIALOG is not for appending to the file but it can be used to give default extension to the file , eg .XLS ,

if u want to append to the file u have an option <b>APPEND</b> in GUI_DOWNLOAD , mark that as X

pls let me know any queries

pls reward points for helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for the reply.

I have solved it on my own.

Any way i'm rewarding u points..

Cheers,

Simha.