cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Enhancement changing the SAP Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a scenario where I have appended a structure (ZAKNB1)into the table KNB1 and created a ZZPlant field .

The Requirement is without using BADIs we need to add the field to the Screen "7xxx" and did that by using the access key.The coding is as follows:

Chain

Field:KNB1-zzplant

End chain.

I didn't do such kind of scenarios before.

So can any one tell me what are the next steps I have to follow in the USER EXIT SAPMF02D to work on.

If any one can send me the sample code that will be very helpful.

I appreciate if any one can send me the reply.

Thank you,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Since you have modified SAP to add custom field and codes as mentioned above, you do not need to use user exits SAPMF02D.

You can enter plant code to input screen ZZPLANT and click on save button. The system should display the value when you are go back in display mode.

Please ensure you declare field ZZPLANT as input/output field and check the check box display data from data dictionary (field element)

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Actually i would think using a screen exit would have been a much better solution instead of modiying the SAP screen.

Anyways you can write your specific code inside the user exit for what ever processing you would like to do for the adcditional field.

SInce the user exit might not have the field in the interface. You can probablly use the dynamic access as mentioned in the link

/people/brad.williams/blog/2005/04/25/userexits--how-do-i-access-inaccessible-data

Cheers

VJ