cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to return contents of a container for a workflow/workitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a function module that exists that will return all container elements and their values? I would like to write a status report that uses such a module, if it exists.

Kind regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony,

Look for SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Briiliant!

That's the one.

Thanks, Ramki.

- Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramki,

For some reason I cannot reward points on this post; I've had this a couple of posts before and don't know what the cause is.

If I don't get it fixed, I'll mark you up preferentially on the next post or two ogf mine that you reply too

Cheers,

Tony.

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seem to be some problem with the points system on and off. You can send an email to sdn@sap.com to report any issues.

Cheers,

Ramki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

There is a Export Parameter by name IFS_XML_CONTAINER in the WAPI SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER.

I think that the workflow container data is in binary form. How do we convert the data into the container attributes ?

Cheers !

Bharath Kaushik

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath Kaushik,

You need to transform the parameter using the relevant interface class such as IF_SWF_CNT_SIMPLE_CONTAINER.

But I wouldn't bother with that if you don't need to. The other parameters are easier to read. I usually only use the xml version if I need to pass it across to another routine in that format.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Answers (0)