Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message contents in sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are working on PI7.0.

when we see message in sxmb_moni, it is showing only the Incoming message only but dosen't show the message after mapping.

Please help us know how we will be able to see the message after mapping in sxmb_moni.

with regards,

Ravi Siddam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

not all receiver message payloads you can see in the integration engine.

But in a lot of cases you can see the payload that is going out in the RWB (runtime work bench) message monitoring.

you can use the messageID from the SXMB_MONI to select your message .

if you choose messages of component "integration engine", then you get all versions of the message

- integration engine

- adapter engine

on the message version from adapter engine go to details and you can see (often) the payload after mapping and conversion.

hope this helps

regards

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the replies.

We are using PI for last 2 yrs and now we need to archive the messages

As per our knowledge we can archive only the messages in Integration Engine and not in adapter engine. The message from AE will be automatically get deleted once its time limit exceeds, generally it is 30 days.

In this case, when we are archiving messages in IE, we need both the versions before mapping and after mapping, as per audit recommendation.

Setting trace level - 3, will solve the problem but it is not recommended to have always set to 3 in Production system, as mentioned in blog.

Please comment?

regards,

Ravi Siddam

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even a TRACE_LEVEL of 2 will do

level 3 is required if you want ot have all the details.....and will fill the DB space more quickly....try with trace level 2 and then

test sn interface and check

If level 2 is not giving you the required details then you need to set the level to 3.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Aug 4, 2009 1:21 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think if you need to comply with your audit requirements, you don't have much choice but to use this option.

It won't be possible that you don't have this option enabled in Production but you can see it in Archive.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have set the value of RUNTIME -> TRACE_LEVEL to 3 and restarted the XI Server also. I hope the restart is not required, though we have done it.

Still it is not showing the incoming and outgoing payload of the message in sxmb_moni. I am trying with Async message only.

What can be the reason?

please help

regards,

Ravi Siddam

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> As per our knowledge we can archive only the messages in Integration Engine and not in adapter engine. The message from AE will be automatically get deleted once its time limit exceeds, generally it is 30 days.

>

> Ravi Siddam

No, you can archive adapter messages also.

Make a CTRL+F for "Archive Messages" in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/content.htm

So, you can follow the [archiving procedure in IE|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236f50&overridelayout=true] for Incoming messages and [archiving procedure for Adapter Messages|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/content.htm] for outgoing messages

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, thank Ravi Kanth Talagana

Can you please tell us why we are not able to see the complete message in sxmb_moni when we have set the TRACE_LEVEL to 3.

As suggested in the blog by Mickel also.

with regards,

Ravi Siddam

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you test any interface after the changes has been made to the logging parameter?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Are you lloking at old messages after you set the trace level or are you looking at the messages that were sent after you have set the TRace parameter to 3?

Also check if you have set the parameter:

Runtime LOGGING to 1 along with

Runtime TRACE_LEVEL to 3

You will see the payloads for only the messages that were sent after you do the sxmb_adm changes(NO need to restart)

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not seeing the old messages.

I have tested few interfaces after setting the TRACE_LEVEL and then seeing the messages for these interface.

regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...

LOGGING = 1 has worked.

with regards,

Ravi Siddam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please add this parameters mentioned in the blog and give it a try:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

Regards,

---Satish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto sxmb_adm -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Specific Configuration -> Set parameter TRACE_LEVEL to 3.

Regards,

Prateek