cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle user / Z table Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can I create new oracle user in SAP prd database to take separate export of Z tables ?

Is there any restrictions for creation of new user in SAP DB ?

I want to create this separate user to take separate back up of all Z tables .

How will I take bakup of all Z table in SAP db. ?

Thanks in advance.

Milind .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

> Can I create new oracle user in SAP prd database to take separate export of Z tables ?

> Is there any restrictions for creation of new user in SAP DB ?

These two questions are answered in sapnote #581312

As of point 3, it follows that direct access to the Oracle database is only allowed for tools from the areas of system administration and monitoring.

If other software is used, the following actions, among other things, are therefore forbidden at database level:

• Creating database users

> I want to create this separate user to take separate back up of all Z tables .

> How will I take bakup of all Z table in SAP db. ?

This is also answered in sapnote #581312

As of point 3, it follows that direct access to the Oracle database is only allowed for tools from the areas of system administration and monitoring.

If other software is used, the following actions, among other things, are therefore forbidden at database level:

• Creating database segments

Technically it would be very easy with the following command "create <NEW_TAB> as select * from <TAB>", but it is not allowed.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan ,

Thanks a lot .

SAP note clear my all doubts .

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be Oracle utilities TOAD can provide you some help. But that is not probably supported by SAP.

So, if you want to do that you need to have adequate DBA knowledge. Its about possibility only.

Export /Import might help you as suggested earlier but that needs system downtime.

But I am not clear with the purpose, if you can take backup of whole tablespace then why are you considering taking backup of individual tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

The backup can be taken in SAP at tablespace level, as far I know you cannot go beyond that using BRTOOLS

if you insist that you want to take the backup of the Ztables ,I suggest to create a tablespace and move all the Z tables to this tablespace and ultimately you can...

if you again insist that you cannot create a tablespace and you want to take the backup, by using oracle tool exp or expdp(ora10g) utlity you can do it

I wonder why you want to take the backup of Z tables,what benefit you are getting !!!!!!

cheers

George