cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer lot or batch size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a situation where I am planning my products on monthly basis, my lot size of the products are lot for lot.

Say FG,

SFG1

SFG2 is the BOM structure (quantity one to one)

Say I can produce 30,000 of FG in a month. After taking planning run I have planned orders of FG, SFG1 and SFG2 each of quantity 30,000.

While scheduling, planned order of FG starts after completion date and time of planned order of SFG1 and planned order of SFG1 starts only when planned order of SFG1 completion date and time.

But actually on shopfloor it is continuous process, I produce some 1000 SFG2 in a day and start SFG1 production. In a same way I produce SFG1 and start producing FG. By end of shift I normally confirm the production in the system against production/planned order of 30K.

So I have a problem

1. In scheduling, client is not ready to use fixed lot size say 1000 as it will create 30 planned orders so work at shop floor will be increased.

2. In my reporting I ca see that my FG will be available in bucket when its planned order is getting finished but actually I is getting produced daily and delivered

Please tell me if you have any suggestions for it.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is where you have to use continuous input output heuristic. This creates the planned orders for FG & SFGs that are overlapping with each other.

Answers (0)