cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple questions about proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I need to retrieve data in system_provider from system_consumer.

So I model a service interface load_data in system_PI.

Question1, as mentioned in training document. I should run transaction sproxy to create proxy and implement the interface class. Which system I should run t-code sproxy? system_provider, system_consumer, or system_PI?

If System_provider, then

Question2, I create abap connect sm59 in this system, to system_PI

I has run sproxy in system_provider, but I didn't find my name space. It is said that No Connection to ESR. What should I check?

Question3, if all above actions are finished, and I create an Enteprise Service Consumer in system_consumer. There must be a provide class, right? How can I load all proxy with provider class in system_consumer, which is availble to invoke? Can I see them in sproxy?

Thanks

Barton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both system_provider and system_consumer are SAP system, then you can implement sproxy on both.

To enable use of proxy on your SAP system, see this

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Barton,

Question1, as mentioned in training document. I should run transaction sproxy to create proxy and implement the interface class. Which system I should run t-code sproxy? system_provider, system_consumer, or system_PI?

In order for you to implement the proxy scenario you need to configure the connectione between your system_PI and system_provider( as you want to use the system_provider to implement your service interface).

Question2, I create abap connect sm59 in this system, to system_PI
I has run sproxy in system_provider, but I didn't find my name space. It is said that No Connection to ESR. What should I check?

Pre-configuration steps for proxy.

In system_provider - Go to SM59 ad check for these.

Type H connection : This is the HTTTP type connection to the system_PI, here you need to mention the target system(PI) details along with the connection url(i.e sap/xi/engine?type=entry).

Type T Connections:

LCRSAPRFC - To connect to IR and get all the namespaces.

SAPSLDAPI - To get the information of business system.

once you configured these go to trasaction SLDAPICUST, here you maitain SLD access data and run trasaction SLDCHECK, to check the status.

for further configuration info go thru this link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50d69314-1be0-2b10-11ab-8045021f0c3a&overrid...

Question3, if all above actions are finished, and I create an Enteprise Service Consumer in system_consumer. There must be a provide class, right? How can I load all proxy with provider class in system_consumer, which is availble to invoke? Can I see them in sproxy?

Connsumer system has to maintain the above connections to and you need to genarate the proxy from OUTBOUND interface. This create a class, you can call this class and its method in ur report or function module.

go thru the following links for further info.

(for your system_consumer -client proxy) check the following link

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Barton,

Here your system_provider and system_consumer are the application systems on which you need to generate proxies using TCODE"SPROXY"

1) In order to retrieve data rather update data into system_provider ,your need to generate a proxy (called as a server proxy) on system_provider

2) Please follow all the steps for the proxy configuration (system_provider to PI box) in the link below:

Also you can refer to this thread

Once you are done with this connection will be established to ESR ... similarly to system_consumer , then all the interfaces would reflect automatically in your application systems

Further you can implement class (service_consumer) and the interface(service_provider).

Regards,

Madhu

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barton,

for your question2:

The follwing link disucsses the similar issue .Please follow the mentioned link below .The problem is because of RFC donnction to IR of PI is not proper.

You just need to follow the below Guide to chek all the RFC connections required for aproxy communication.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50d69314-1be0-2b10-11ab-8045021f0c3a&overrid...

If the configurations are done properly you can see all the message interfaces in SPROXY transaction. in Service Consumer.Follow the webservice creation based on the message interface in PI..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barton,

You need to build your proxy in the application system from where you send data to PI. If you are integrating with ERP or SRM and wants to send data to PI then you will create this in ERP or SRM systems.

You have this error No Connection to ESR because there would be no connection to PI system from the application system. Please do the settings mentioned int his blog:

Regards,

---Satish