cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graduated Scale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client wants to enter into rental contract with customer for 3 years by increase in rental for every one year. I tried graduated scale option and maintained scales for condition record. But the price is not picking as per scales. I have maintained value'D' in scale type in condition type PPSV. How to achieve the same.

Regards

Sankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Guess, the scales and graduated scales are useful to have different pricing for different quantites in the same document. Are you considering the option of creating the condition records (for future years also) with different validity dates.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My requirement is to maintain 3 different rental rates for different periods in a single rental contract. How can i acheive the same.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client wants to enter into rental contract with customer for 3 years by increase in rental for every one year. I tried graduated scale option and maintained scales for condition record. But the price is not picking as per scales. I have maintained value'D' in scale type in condition type PPSV. How to achieve the same.

Regards

Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why donu2019t you try for the validity period?

If you save the condition record according to validity period then it will be better then the graduated scale.

Will you able to share your record which you want to store for 3years?

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

If you want to create a contract for 3 years with different rents, then make a contract with 3 line items and every line item is mention as Rent for 2009 - 10, Rent 2010 - 11, Rent 2011 - 12 and maintain pricing. Based on this generate Sales Order and Billing for line item 1 now and next year create SO and Billing for line item 2 and finally line item 3 the year after that.

Am sure this is of use to you. But remember to put the valid to date as 3 years or more.

Happy SAPing.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply. I want to maintain Rs 1000 as rent for the period 01/08/09 - 31/12/09, Rs 1500 as rent for the period 01/01/10 - 31/12/10 and Rs 2000 from 01/01/11 - 31/12/11. I maintained condition records for these periods. when i create a contract and enter the billing plan dates, the system proposes Rs 1000 for all the months. But i need the system proposes corresponding rent as per the validity period. How to achieve.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

I think you donu2019t have to bill all the 3year invoice today only.

You might be sending him month by month.

So if you maintain your condition record by validity period then it wont show any effect now.

Effect you can see only after one year when your 1000condition record will be scrap and it will show 1500 in the sales order.

Your pricing will be like (For Eg)

Rent 1000

Tax 10

Total = rent +tax =1000

Now if you create that sales order in next year it will be

Rent 1500

Tax 15

Total = rent +tax = 1515

If you want to see the effect of the validity period just increase the sales order date and pricing date to next.

Now check whether your sales order is showing 1500 or 1000.

I think so there will be any problem with validity period.

You can use billing plan also but how to maintain pricing I have to check out.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't work that much with billing plans but seems that the pricing date is being picked from the actual date when the billing plan is created.

Have you checked all the dates on the document?

Try to change the billing plan actual date to one year from now and see how the price picks up

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Graduated scale will not be use full over here in your case.

You have to maintain the condition record with different validity dates.

If you know the increment per year then just store the record the year wise.

Now try to create the sales order and check whether your purpose is solved or not.

You can try out this option also.

put the scale type D.

scale basis N.

calculation type N.

just try out this setting and create your order and check the pricing.

Please revert back if every thing goes fine.

Regards

Raj.

Edited by: Raj Aryan Malhotra on Aug 4, 2009 1:27 PM