Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entries in Accounting Doc created w.r.t. billing Document

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frens,

As soon as we post Normal Bill to Accounting, the customer gets Debited and the corresponding G/Ls gets Credited. Where is the control which decides that the customer will be Debited and the G/Ls will be credited?

Regards,

Vikas Chhabra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

This all depends upon the posting keys assigned to that particular documents.

Like 40 and 50 are there for credit and debit entry. These entry only handles the posting

apart from VKOA settings.Hope it clear to you.You can also speak to your FI consultant.

Thanks

Sushant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OBYC settings there are transaction keys like BSX, GBB etc.

In each transaction key.. there are rules , posting keys, GL accounts.

All this together make automatc postings possbile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

It is determined based on setting done in transaction - VKOA.

Depending upon Account assignement group - Customer , Account assignement group - Material and Account Key - ERL - revenue - GL assigneemnt has been done which inturns determine debit entry and credit entry with respect to Condition type (KOFI)and chart of account

Hope it would help

Regards,

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The G/L entries in accounting document is controlled by VKOA settings. We can maitain various combination of entries by using the fields Chart of accounts, Sales organization, Account assignment group of customer, Account assignment group of material and account key. For this combinatuion we need to specify the G/L to that needs to credited or debited.

There is a account determination procedure assigned with the Billing documents. This procedure contains condition types KOFI and KOFK for which the above settings are made.

Regards

Rajkumar K

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think u have not understood my thread. VKOA simply identifies which G/L to post to. It does not decide whether to post Dr or Cr entry.

I am sorry to say that you need to read my thread again to understand it.

Regards

Vikas Chhabra