Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate clarification

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

what exactly is the difference between Rebate agreement type and rebate condition type, Can anybody specify some rebate condition types and rebate agreement types.

How can we over or under accrue , is there any chance we can do that ?

Is it possible for same rebate condition can be applied several times ?

Material for settlement concept is not clear for me ?

Is there any chance we can maintain 3 different condition types in same rebate agreement type, is so what would be the repercussions ?

i would be obliged if i can get illustrations...

regards

prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

To better understand the complete functionality I will suggest you to go through the process of creation of agreement and till settlement in your development environment.

Answers to your questions are as follows as per, my best ability.

1) Rebate agreement type and rebate condition type are self explanatory.

Rebate agreement type is nothing but the agreement which you make with customer.The rebate agreement contains essential data on the agreement, such as the validity period or the rebate amount, Condition type groups, Number ranges

Examples are : 0001 Group Rebate, 0002 Material Rebate, 0003 Customer Rebate

Rebate condition types are nothing but the condition types with condition class C Expense reimbursement. like pricing condition PR00

Examples are : BO01 Group Rebate, BO02 Material Rebate , BO03 Customer Rebate

Now to clear your doubt,

lets assume you want to give cusotmer a rebate on sales for certain Material. You will in that case use agreement type 0002 to create an agreement in the system, which will have all the necessary details as validity, amonut and condition typ grp. while creation of aggrement you will select perticular condition type from the condition grp and maintain the record there.

Rebate Condition type is present in the pricing procedure, as soon as sales doc is created system then checks for cust if rebate agreement exists and based on the record maintained will be populated in doc processing.

2) Yes , In rebate partial settlement processing depending upon your settings you can pay Lumpsump amount manually on the request of customer which may be greater or less than the accrued value till date

3) Question is not clear? what do you exactly mean several times?

If you mean whether is it possible to have one condidtion type to be determined more than once for same item then answer to it is NO, not possible.

4) Material for settlement is a material specifically created in the system to be used only for the mentioned purpose.

e.g if you are creating the customer rebate 0003 , here it is not important which material customer is buying from you , he may buy 10 different materials which you are selling, and rebate will be calculated based on the business he is doing with you. But at the end of the agreement period you will have to pay to customer with credit memo request and you need to have one material to be enteres in the document. So this material will be dummy material.

5) For every rebate agreement type you assigne condition typpe grp. different Condition types are assigned to condition type grp. so answer is yes you can have 3 condition types present in agreement and you can maitain the records for all 3 while creating an agreement. while document processing as long as acces sequence is met and record exist system will carry those to pricing and customer will get rebate as per the condition records maitained.

Hope that helps you to clear your doubt, if still any doubt revert back

Regards,

Paresh Kolte

Answers (0)