cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index not running : Got null system object for alias PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have created an index on a DMS repository which is based on a R/3 based system in the backend (system alias PDS). When I activate the index it gives a red signal.

Error thrown in the Application Log is

Error 5/5/06 6:54:03 PM XCrawlerService Crawler ZRMTEST_dmsrm failed - com.sapportals.wcm.service.xcrawler.XCrawlerException: crawler task INDEXMANAGEMENT_ZRMTEST.40ade8e2-afbe-2810-63a7-c5cfd6145764 terminated unexpectedly (retriever failure)

Error 5/5/06 6:54:03 PM XCrawlerService Retriever thread ZRMTEST_dmsrm failed - java.lang.RuntimeException: Got null system object for alias PDS

Connection to the backend system with default Alias PDS are tested successfully.

I can see the repository in the KM.

Any clue.. what is the problem here?

Thanks,

Amber

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

i have the same Problem discribed in this thread.

I have connected cFolders to the Portal.

When i try to save a crawler for a folder in a cFolders directory, i get the message: "Fehler beim Sichern Lookup failed: java.lang.RuntimeException: Got null system object for alias SAP_cFolders at com.sap.pct.plm.cfolderskm.rm.base.Connection.<init>"

Does somebody has a solution??

Thank you,

Helmut Wenzler

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

I am not sure about details. But you may have to add your DMS systems to the System Landscape Directory of your portal server on the side of the operating system.

And/or you may require to map the system in the "System Landscape" in the portal's system configuration.

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Karstan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have DMS system registered in SLD and created in System Landscape with the proper alias.

I am ble to explore the DMS repository in the KM as well.

I have created an index on the root folder of DMS repository. When I Activate this index, it tries to run the crawler on the repository. For running crawler, it tried to retrieve the folders from root folder, and at that time crawler fails, as system is not ablt to retrieve the folder heirarchy.

Any solutions or experiences with the same...

- Amber

Message was edited by: Amber Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I found this in the SAP help files but am still busy implementing it:

The documents to be indexed are sent by an ABAP application to TREX. The search takes place using a Web application (Java application). In this scenario, both an RFC and an HTTP connection are needed.

If you read through all these links you will find it:

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/bd/076ed14bc8f948a12b899ffd7ba085/frameset.htm]

This setup needs to be done on TREX side.

Can you also try and see if you can get it up and running?

Thnaks