cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in SAP NetWeaver Mobile Hand Held

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following issues in the device in SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1.

I have tried SP07 Patch 04 and SAP08 patch 00. The issue do exist.

1. When I am using TextEdit control, it is showing as a small input field in the device(this is working fine in simulator). We can enter as much as data we want, but the display field looks like an input field. If I have the textedit control field populated by data then it is showing at least two lines.

2. One of the queries which are working fine in minDB is failing in DB2e.

3. Application is slower on the device.(We have around 15 views). Does anybody has experience of having faster applications with more functionality?

Whether anyone has come across similar kind of issues?

I am using Motorola MC75, with Windows Mobile 6.0 OS, 256 MB flash ROM and 128 MB RAM.

I have tried with SP08 and SP07 Patch 04. The database is DB2e.

It is working fine in simulator.

What about the performance of the applications in laptop?

SAP is helping us on this but has posted it to know that if someone has come across any of these issues.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajesh P Nair.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

There might be some limitations in DB2E. You can check the error codes in the following link. But in most cases you won't face any problem with db2e. Also db2e is much faster than mindb.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzala/rzala.pdf

My experience is that applications are usually slower on Symbol devices compared to other devices. Increase in number of views wouldn't cause a significant performance degrade unless there is some rich UI or data.

The performance in laptops will always be good compared to PDA's, the reason being obviously more processing power and memory. That is the reason application is much faster in laptop simulator than in PDA.

Depending on the business scenario, we can go for a laptop application or a PDA application.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vidhyadhar!!!