Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default date range in VA05

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to change the default date range for the display of VA05; I have found a few other forums online that suggested modifying T180V, but none of the forums followed through to completion? Does anybody know how to do this? We would also prefer to have the default date ranges different for different user groups.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I had seen mention in another forum regarding SHD0, however we need the default dates to always reflect a rolling 2 year date range and it appears I can only hard code a start and end date in SHD0?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a concept called variant transaction (transaction for this is SHD0)

Here you define default values for a transaction, which field should be input-on and which be input-off etc.

Create a variant transaction for this e.g. Z_VAR_VA05, do whatever you want to define.

Then go to SE93, create a transaction ZVA05, where you link VA05 and variant Z_VAR_VA05.

Now your transaction ZVA05 is a substitute for VA05 where you have defalut values as defined by you.

Does this help you anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I had seen mention in another forum regarding SHD0, however we need the default dates to always reflect a rolling 2 year date range and it appears I can only hard code a start and end date in SHD0?

0 Kudos

Well, in that case, if you are ready to go for a Z-transaction, and you have such requirements (clients sometimes don't want to believe that SAP is not an open system), don't go for variant transaction. That is not as flexible as you want (as far as I know; somebody pls correct me if i am wrong). You have to copy the whole VA05 (1-day effort, as I have done that before) then and make a Z-transaction, and then have to defalut dynamic values.

To make your effort less, I can send you the technical design doc I made for my case, if you want. There I would need your e-mail id.

0 Kudos

I see you awarded me full points, but was your problem really solved? If so, please let the forum know the latest things, so that this thhread could be used for future purpose as well.

You know, forum is for sharing one's knowledge, isn't it?

0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I saw your post re. making a Z va05 transaction and wondered if you could can send me the spec Thanks in advance. email mjsdaly@eircom.net

Mike D.