cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in SMW01: Category for product hierarchy 000XXXXXXXX does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i hope you guys have come across this error.when mateiral is replicated from R3 to EBP i got this issue.

when i checked in SMW01 for this material it has got the status as Category for product hierarchy 000150000100001 does not exist.i observed that Material is having product hierarchy maintained in the R3.

But the thing which i found weird is a material 600000000(DIEN) is replicated in to SRM.with the same product hierarchy.

My doubt is why it is not replicated for a particular material(6900000000) which is of same material type.

kindly guide me what needs to be done to over come this issue

regards

subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

HIERARCHY_PROD is the adapter used to do initial downlod of prohiererachies from R3 to SRM/CRM. You need to run this before downloading products.

regards,

Sameer Ahamad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

This issue generally occurs when a category is obsolete in R/3 and CRM and hence been deleted from cateogry/hierarchy table from CRM/R3 ,but still you have maintained the material in R/3 for this obsolete category/hierachy in table MARA or other product relelated tables like MLAN,MVKE etc.

So check for the presence of category 000150000100001 for which you are getting the error,in SRM table COMM_CATEGORY.

If its present then we need to check further.

If its not present in CRM table,then check for product and product related R/3 table with this hierarchy.

If product data is present ,then you need to correct the records,

Hope you got the scenario,

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

i have checked in the table COMM_CATEGORY. i did not find the product hierarchy here.But ia m able to see the product category(material group) which is maintained in R3 material.

i have checked in MARA table for this material which is stucked up in the queue.I can see the product Hierarchy 000150000100001 there.

you told to correct the records.But how we do that.

kindly guide me

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

If you are saying that product category(material group) is maintained in R3 and in R/3 table MARA ,there are exists some

materials for this hierrarchy,this means that this hierarchy is not obsolete.

But you are getting the error during MATERIAL download since this hierarchy is missing in CRM table COMM_CATEGORY.

So in order to resolve the issue,you need to get this hierarchy to CRM.This you can achieve by downloading the object

DNL_CUST_PROD1.Once its done please check for the presence of that cagegory 000150000100001 in CRM table COMM_CATEGORY.Once this is done MATERIAL download should not thror this error message any more.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shantala,

In COMM_CATEGORY i can find only product category(material group) but not Product Hierarchy. i feel that Product hierarchy is not related to that table.

i have downloaded the object through R3AS it is showing green in R3am1.Even material is hsowing status green.

i tried to replicate material manually through R3AC1.But i could not find this materilal in COMM_PRSHTEXT table.

I found a log in SMQ1.Then i went to SMW01 Now it says as below

Mat. for Initial Download: Function table not supported

Category for product hierarchy 000150000100001 does not exist

But the object DNL_CUST_PRD1 , DNL_CUST_PRD0 are in done status and MATERIAL is in runnning status with organge colour

Can you suggest me any thing

regards

subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shantala,

Any suggestions in this issue.

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

Hierarchy in R/3 is nothing but Category in CRM,which would be present in table COMM_CATEGORY.

And in CRM,sometimes Root Category(category at the top level) is called as hierarchy,which is a category again.

So 000150000100001 hierarchy in R/3 should be present as cateogry in table COMM_CATEGORY.If there is no such

entry in this table and in R/3 MARA table you have materials maintained for this hierarchy 000150000100001,then you have to

download object DNL_CUST_PROD1 once again.

Please note that DNL_CUST_PROD0 is responsible for bringing the material number format and length and related settings like lexicographical flag etc.You need not have to download this object again,if its already done earlier.

And regarding DNL_CUST_PROD1,which is responsible for bringing the hierarchy data to CRM.Please note that with customizing objects delta changes will not come to CRM.Anytime if you change any customizing like adding a new hierarchy,material class or material group in R/3 will not come to CRM automatically.You need to do initial load of DNL_CUST_PROD1 to get them to CRM as

category.

In your case even though DNL_CUST_PROD1 is downloaded already,there must have been some changes done in R/3 which are still not present in CRM.For eg:hierarchy 000150000100001 .This should be present as category in CRM table COMM_CATEOGRY.If not present then you have to download DNL_CUST_PROD1 once again and make sure that you have entry for category 000150000100001 in COMM_CATEOGRY and then go ahead with MATERIAL download.

This would solve your issue.Please note that there is no harm in downloading object DNL_CUST_PROD1 once again and also it would not take more time.

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sk,

I have done intial load for DNL_CUST_PROD1 through R3AS but i did not find any entry in the table.which one of the below fields must represent product hierarchy in COMM_CATEGORY

CATEGORY_GUID

CATEGORY_ID

HIERARCHY_GUID.

If it is Category_ID then in this i can see only backend material groups(r3) like MAT_DIEN,110106000 but not product hierarchy number 000150000100001

Kindly suggest

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

It should be CATEGORY_ID.

Can you check for the presence of this hierarchy in R/3 table T179.

If this table has an entry for this record,then it should have come to COMM_CATEOGRY during DNL_CUST_PROD1 download.

If this hieararchy do not have an entry in R/3 table T179,means that this hierachy is obsolvete or deleted in R/3.

Then it does not make sense to have materials in table MARA (or any other product related R/3 tables).

Hope you got it.

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SK,

i have checked in T179. can see the hierarchy there and as well as in MARA for that material.

I came across the report COM_CATEGORY_TRANSPORT are you aware of this report?

Like otherObjects i saw HIERARCHY_PROD in R3AC1.But we never use this in SRM and more over i saw few materials in R3 with the same product hierarchy which are replicated in to SRM.

But if i transfer the same material manually through the object MATERIAL i am getting the same error in SMW01 as i got intially

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello subbu,

According to me if there is an entry in R/3 table T179 then it should have come to CRM table COMM_CATEGORY.I really wonder there must be some information missing in this conversation.

COM_CATEGORY_TRANSPORT is used to transport categories from one system to other system.It would be a work around,but I don't think it as a right approach since it might cause inconsistencies.

About object HIERARCHY_PROD,which is used to communicate betwn CRM and CDB and its nothing to do with R/3.

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

kindly go through the below points.If you can get any idea let me know

1) Call transaction SE16, enter SMOFAPPL, and set entry EBP.

2) sap note 428989: This is completeley CRM setting pdf note.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello subbu,

That note talks about data exchange of customer specific enhancements.I wonder how can it come into picture in this context.

In your case since entry is present in R/3 table T179,standard download object should take care of it.

Can you tell me again,in what scenaio you are getting this error msg:

error in SMW01: Category for product hierarchy 000XXXXXXXX does not exist

Is it during initial load of object MATERIAL?

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SK,

It is coming in both ways as below.

1) by trying to replicate material manually through R3ac1(by filtering) and execute R3as(MATERIAL)

2) Load DNL_CUST_PROD1 and MATERIAL through R3as.

Still it remains same.

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

Without debugging its difficult for me to tell further.

As per my earlier conversation,if this hiearchy is not obsolete in r/3 table T179 ,then it should get downloaded to table COMM_CATEGORY during download of DNL_CUST_PROD1.

May be as work around can you try adding this entry in the table manually thro debug mode or through SPRO.

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

Thanks for your continuous help.

I will update the solution how we have solved this.

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SK,

we have solved through the sap notes given in this sap note 0000872533.

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

So have you used the deletion report and then downloaded once again?

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sk,

yes we have done the same we did not find any further option.

will it be recommendable what do you say?

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi subbu,

Yeah..you can use the reports.But SAP do not recommend to use them in production scenario and also these reports have inbuilt check in order to check for productive environment.

But again we can copy the code to Z* report and then bypass the check.

Best Regards,

Shanthala Kudva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this regarding the middleware aspect of SAP CRM? What's the term EBP stands for ? Does it means any external system?

From your problem statement, the R/3 Product Hierarchy is missing in the CRM. You need to trigger an initial load of all the Business Customizing Objects for Material. Consult a middleware consultant for a detailed steps as to what prerequisites and mandatory conditions need to performed before the load.

Also have a look at the following link for data exchange:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/1a/023d63b8387c4a8dfea6592f3a23a7/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantak,

thanks for the reply.EBP is the term which we use in SRM.As you might be aware that even replication process of material from R3 to SRM will happen through CRM widdlewaer parameters.

we dont have a middleware consultant here.If you can guide how to check that will be appreciable

regards

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid to say that I'm not aware of the SRM Box and the cross functionality of the CRM Middleware with SAP SRM. Also I'm not CRM Middleware consultant and hence will not be able to guide you on this.

Probably, you can post the same query in forums dedicated to SRM from where you will get some good pointers.

Thanks,

Samantak.