cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE host or port not specified; define them under "System Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to expose a RFC function module as Web Service. Our ECC6.0 system runs on ABAP stack and not on Java stack...

When I select on "Open Web Service navigator for selected binding" I am getting the below mentioned error

J2EE host or port not specified; define them under "System Settings"

Could one of you please help me to sort out this error ASAP...

Thanks in Advance,

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your ECC 6 system is only abap stack (as usual), the web service navigator which needs a J2EE stack will not run.

BUT if you have a java stack on another system it is possible to use it.

For example, for testing ECC 6 web services, I am running the web service navigator from my CRM 2007 dual stack development system.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver.. Based on ur reply my problem got solved. It was same issue, that our ECC doesnt have the java stack and i try running it in CRM 2007 it went successfully.

Can you let me know how can we proceed in ECC? Installing Java stack or accessing J2EE server through XI. If through XI then how to deploy the service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well you just launch SOAMANAGER from your ECC6 system and choose :

Technical Configuration --> System Global Settings --> Tab : Access Information J2EE server

And you enter here the hostname and port of the java stack you have decided to use (maybe XI for you, CRM for me).

Of course you need to have manage the web service navigator authorisation and white list as it is described in help.sap.com and has been explainded numerous times in this forum.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier,

Could you share how did you do this setup? This is my first experience with this issue. I've tried to do using SOAMANAGER, no suceed ! I really appreciate if you could share some tip to fix that.

I appreciate your help in that.

Regards,

Alan Rocj Brz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

At which point do you get stuck or what do you see when you try to set this up using SOAMANAGER?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your response. When I try to test a WebService  for GRC  10.0 (GRAC_REQUEST_STATUS_WS) in Soamanager, Im receiving that error J2EE host or port not specified; define them under “System Seetings”. I though that was happening because I did not install AS Java on this server, but when I saw this post of Olivier I’ve tried to setup a host and port of a Java System of my landscape. I followed the instruction that I saw in other post but I couldn’t setup. I’m asking for help or tip about how to setup these information to fix the problem. I don’t want to install a new Java Instance on my system to make a test, it is unnecessary.

Cheers !

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

You need an SAP Java stack somewhere in your system landscape to do this WSNavigator test. If you have one, you will need to point to it from GRC SOAMANAGER --> Technical Administration tab.

However, the look and layout of this Technical Administration tab differs depending on the Netweaver version you are running. What do you see when you go to the Technical Administration tab?

Alternatively, if you don't have an SAP Java stack somewhere in your system landscape, you can use any SOAP test tool like SoapUI, XMLSpy...

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Attached the Technical Adminsitration tab view screenshot. I think is different of the examples that I found in the threads. I didnt't find the suggested options of posts, could you check if for me?

In paralell I will search about other tips you shared as SOAP test tool

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Try this link, it should get you closer to where you need to be:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/c8/f0a0c9f03541edafe783c4a0ddb1aa/content.htm

Be careful with point 6, you will need to verify the version of the Java stack you will be pointing to.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I did as you adviced me and it worked ! I don't have more the error message ! I've asked for our GRC Team to do tests and make sure that everything is working.

I would like to thank you for your help and support, you were providential

Thank you so much !

Alan Rock Brz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Try to provide the J2EE system settings under Technical configuration - System Global settings - Access information J2EE server in SOAMANAGER.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

We dont have Java stack installed... Is it a mandatory thing to specify J2EE port configuration?

Thanks,

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The J2EE stack is only mandatory if you want to use the SAP Web Service Navigator to test your ECC abap web services.

It is perfectly possible to use an other web service test utility. There are plenty of them available as free software.

Regards,

Olivier