cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format is acceptable by Sender File Adaptor (FCC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a flat file to IDOC scenario where the file is in the following format , wondering is this file is able to process using File adaptor content conversion?

Header 1 + Item 1

Header 1 + Item 2

Header 1 + Item 3

Header 2 + Item 1

Header 3 + Item 1

Header 3 + Item 2

Header 3 + Item 3

Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Yes, it is possible to convert this kind of flat file into an IDoc. This will happen in 2 steps:

1. Here, you use the FCC at the file adapter level to convert the text file to a simple XML format.

<record>

<header>

<item>

<record>

<header>

<item>

2. Inside the mapping, graphical, you can format the simple XML structure to an Hierarchical XML structure.

<Header>

<item>

<item>

<Header>

<item>

<item>

Converting the file directly into Idoc format using FCC, I don't think it is possible.

Hope this helps,

Sumant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sura,

Flat file contains multiple header corresponding to multiple items.. and This layout structure combined with field position into each row to distinguish between Header and Item.

Header1,Item1

Header1,Item2

Header2,Item1

Header3,Item1

Header3,Item2

Idoc should sent with one header with all corresponding items to it and the structure which I am going to receive doesnt have any header identication. Does it possible to configure in FCC?

Thanks alot

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If in the flat file there is not any key for each line, It is not possible to use FCC. You should develop a module or instead of it use a java mapping before your message mapping.

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So above structure cannot be achieved using FCC? Each row is fixed length wtih header and items as below:

Header1,Item1

Header1,Item2

Header2,Item1

Header3,Item1

Header3,Item2

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

As I told you in the before post, if each line (in file) does not have any key. It is not possible to use FCC.

For example you need something like that:

'key1',Header1,Item1

'key1',Header1,Item2

If it is not your case, not is possible use FCC File adapter functionality.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply,

Can I use header first field as a key field value? Each row contains header and item detials (Header is repeated):

ABC,11,22,XX,YY,CC

ABC,11,22,TT,RR,FF

ABC,33,44,PP,JJ,MM

ABC,55,66,SS,WW,LL

I receive a fixed length flat file with header (First three fields) and items (last three fields). Of which can I use first field of header as Key field value (ABC) and use FCC to convert to XML then map to IDOC?

IDOC should receive one header with multiple items as

ABC,11,22

-

XX,YY,CC

-

TT,RR,FF

ABC,33,44

-

PP,JJ,MM

ABC,55,66

-

SS,WW,LL

Is this possible?

Thanks

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use header field as a key field value? Each row contains header and item detials (Header is repeated):

Yes You can

I receive a fixed length flat file with header (First three fields) and items (last three fields). Of which can I use first field of header as Key field value (ABC) and use FCC to convert to XML then map to IDOC?

Yes

IDOC should receive one header with multiple items as

ABC,11,22
---------XX,YY,CC
---------TT,RR,FF

ABC,33,44
---------PP,JJ,MM

ABC,55,66
---------SS,WW,LL

Yes, but you need you build the correct datatype which support you flat file content, then you will need to make some logic in message mapping to group your items.

For FCC, see these links:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm]

[/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion|/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion]

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Using FCC, convert you file into a simple XML structure:

ABC,11,22,XX,YY,CC

ABC,11,22,TT,RR,FF

ABC,33,44,PP,JJ,MM

ABC,55,66,SS,WW,LL

into following XML format:

<record>

<f1>ABC</f1>

<f2>11</f2>

<f3>22</f3>

<f4>XX</f4>

<f5>YY</f5>

<f6>CC</f6>

</record>

The above conversion can be done easily by usign the following 2 parameters in FCC:

.fieldFixedLengths

.fieldNames

Once you have the above XML format, using graphical mapping I sort and create the IDoc required Header/Item format.

For doing this, I will mail, to your yahoo account, you a document with a sample mapping on how to do this.

This is the method I used in our scenarios.

Regards,

Sumant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is it also possible to make key filed value is in between a header as of following structure?

Key field value is second field which identifies new header: 11, 33 and 55 when ever there is a change its a new header: Fields before this key value are part of header field.. Does it possible to achieve below target strcuture if I use key value in between header field? I am using FCC of sender File Adaptor.

Fixed flat file :

ABC,11,22,XX,YY,CC

ABC,11,22,TT,RR,FF

ABC,33,44,PP,JJ,MM

ABC,55,66,SS,WW,LL

It should produce 3 IDOCs not 1 IDOC is it acheivable?

Target IDOC:

ABC,11,22

-

XX,YY,CC

-

TT,RR,FF

IDOC2

ABC,33,44

-

PP,JJ,MM

IDOC3

ABC,55,66