cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow for Exceptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read about the Checkout/Workflow config for imported MDM records, but I cannot find an answer to the following query.

Can I create an MDM workflow when MDIS import files fail (go to Exception directory)? I would like to notify a user that there is an import exception and tell them some details about why it failed.

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

As per my knowledge the answer is No, the reason is - workflow can contain records which are already stored in MDM repository. In other words when we set the trigger action of workflow to Import Records this means first records get imported and then workflow will get launched. Hence if records failed to import, so workflow will not be executed and empty workflow i.e. without records cannot be launched.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

this is not possible using MDM workflow for the reasons rightly explained above.

Instead the users can see the import logs and find out which records failed to import. if you are importing manually without MDIS.

for more details on error handling for records failed to import using MDIS refer to the link below:

best regards

Ravi