Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert for adapter engine error

sabyasachi_mohapatra3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts

We have configured the alerts for the adapter engine errors .We have configured the variable &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT& element which is having the CHAR70 type for getting the adapter engine error text in the alert inbox.so for any adapter engine error greater than 70 chracters ,it is getting truncated to 70 chracters only.but we want to have the whole adapter error log text.

Can anyone please throw some light on this.

Thanks

sabyasachi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The lenght of the text is restrcited to 80 characters,. You cannot have more than 80 charcters.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem can be found within the SEND method of the CL_ALERT_MANAGER class. In this method it executes the following code:

CALL METHOD alert_cat_man->get_short_text

EXPORTING

ip_cat = l_cat

ii_container = li_container

ip_langu = l_langu

IMPORTING

ep_text = ep_textstring.

li_container has an attribute mt_elements which contains the values of the containers of the alert category, the recipients and the logical system.

ep_textstring is an ordinary string.

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this threads

[;

[;

Edited by: Kubra fatima on Aug 4, 2009 6:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

CHAR70 is nothing but a domain defined in XI.

I m pretty sure there would be some user exit via which you can change this,i remember some time ago there was a similar question and it was solved by adding exit to the domain.

I just can't find the thread right now:(

Thanks

Aamir

sabyasachi_mohapatra3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

it would be very useful if you could please provide the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moha,

It seems that it cannot support more than that.

It is worth taking a look at this blog:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the alerts for "SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT" container element the length is 80 characters, so we it can't hold the text more than 80 characters.

If you want the full error description then obviously you have to configure the mail adapter.

Regards

Ramesh