cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to store some additional data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all

I need to store some additional data for my dynamical contructing View (such as fields' or/and columns' datasource, visibility, conditions, filters, etc.) which is linked with user. "Personalize" is best area where I can put this information, but how to do this? I found info about standard personallizational data like userInterface element's styles and attributes, but I need to keep optional information.

May be there is another way to keep additional user data?

Data size is about 100 records (fields) * 2 columns * approx 100 bytes maximum (~20kb) , but real size is 1 Kb.

P.S. This information is similar to .ini file or registry branch to store configuration information for applications.

Edited by: Alexander Levin on Aug 3, 2009 5:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

For the purpose SAP Netweaver Java server has Application Configuration concept. Webdynpro application (like other application) can store configuration specific data (usually it's set of properties) in the J2EE configuration repository.

Read the topic with an example: [Configuration Service|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b8/aa343e32ff1033e10000000a114084/content.htm].

Basically you have to put your configuration properties in some .properties file within your application. Usually it's _comp\src\configuration\default.properties. On runtime you can read the settings with

WDConfiguration.getConfigurationByName(...)

The application administrator/end-user can also edit the application settings in J2EE Config Tool.

Tell me if you need additional information regarding the topic.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storing user related info in ini kind of files in server will create data corruption when multiple users try to write to the file at a same time. ini is just for reading not writing. If you are connected to R/3 or any other DB write these info on tables.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, my apps is standalone Web Dynpro app without any backend.

About .ini files, I mean that the stored data very SIMILAR to data in .ini files

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a standalone DB on the server or even xml files with specific names (each user has ite own file).

If you are running in the portal you can use the KM to save those files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Aviad

I had a thought to use DB only if I can't find solution with Personalization or something like that

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using the portal and your application is simple you can write a PAR and use the portal personalization mechanism.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personalization must containt non standartized data. I found only standart UI styles? visibility for columns, etc in Personalization. How to write ANY data, for example - String?