cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpreting table SWPSTEPLOG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would like to know how to interpret table SWPSTEPLOG; I have some workflows that are not going past a multiple branch step.

In a wait for event step, I pass a parameter back with the event. Occasionally, the parameter is not filled with a value (SAP problem currently being looked at), which then causes a subsequent multiple conditional branch to have a error because it is not expecting an empty value.

When I look in this table, there is only one entry for this step in the workflow, for all other steps in the workflow that have completed there are two steps.

Can anybody explain, should there be two entries for a completed step of the workflow?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

With a multiple conditional branch you should always implement the Others option (scroll down below the standard options)even if only for safety's sake. I often just put the outcome "Should not happen" in there.

At least it stops the workflow dying if there is a strange data issue like yours.

Worth a try to keep your workflow from falling over.

Sounds like your workflow simply doesn't know what to do because there's no catch all Others value set up.

Regards,

Jocleyn