Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection in WM

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 2 questions:

1) I want to receive materials under quality inspection during MIGO. How? I only managed to do it by entering Q at the PO.

2) After receiving quantities in quality inspection, how to transfer them in Unrestricted in WM?

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

here is the process.

For a Material with Inspection setup in QM view of material

master.

step1

The moment you post GR , the stock will be received into QI

status in IM

and in WM stock will be under storage type GR Area External

Rcpts Q status .

Step2.

Using LT06 create a TO for the Material document

IM stock will be in QI status

WM stock will be under selected storage type (during TO

processing ) in QI status.

step3.

Then complete the usage decision against the Inspection lot using

QA32.

movement type 321 is triggered and stock moves from QI to

unrestricted stock in IM.

step4.

Confirm the TO created in Step 3.

step 5.

create a TO against PCN created in Step 3.

and confirm.

Stock will be in unrestricted status , available stock in WM.

Since you are saying that stock is in Q status at WM level.

pl. check if any PCN, TO is open for the Material

and try to close those by either creating a TO against PCN - LT05

or confirm if TO exist by using Lt12.

Thanks

Prasanna

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

Thank you for your prompt answer. Let me explain what i have made so far.

I received the materials into QI trough MIGO. In IM and WM they appear as QI. I made MB1B with 321 mvm type and in IM the stock is ok. Then i took the RCN no created and tried to make a TO in order to make the stock as unrestricted in WM. In transaction LT05, an error appears (Data for storage type search is not defined (E 002 Q)) and i cannot continue. What is that error?

Thanx and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following settings

IMG-LE-WM-Strategies - Activate Automatic Storage type search.

Check whether you have maintained an entry for the combination of your Warehouse no: ?

Also check your Material Master WM view 1 for Storage type indicator & make sure an exists with the same in the above settings.

Hope its clear.

Thanks & Regards,

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I maintained the storage type search, but now the message is "No destination storage bin to be found in storage type 002". I am trying to create TO from RCN and the Dest field has no storage bin and also i am not able to enter any. In the RCN no i do not see where you maintain destination bin. It is just the same bin. How i proceed?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. check if storage bin structure is created for storage type 002

if not create using LS10 create bin structure

using LS05 create the bins

using Lx45 verify .

Get back to creation and see if it populated the Des. bin.

if not try adding manually

the following data on the TO creation screen

storage type,Stor.section and BIN.

Thanks

Prasanna.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

Everything there seems ok. When i see the error message i entered the Stor. Bin search log and i see that no stock placement strategy exist. However i have maintained FIFO strategy. How do i proceed?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

FIFO is stock removal strategy.

Check your storage type settings in IMG there you can see 2 strategies

1. Stock Placement - ex: Addition to existing stock - I, Next Empty Bin - L

2. Stock Removal - ex: FIFO, LIFO

Check whether you have maintained an entry for Stock Placement. If not maintain the same & Check.

Thanks & Regards,

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear F C,

Everything is ok now. I posted the TO. Now what? the mateiral appears to the QI are (917). How do i bring it to the initial bin? With TO? I tried but it displays the quantity with 0 stock.

Also another issue. I made a goods issue to a cost center. The material left from the bin and whent to the Goods issue area. Then what? how it gets out from the warehouse?

Thanx and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When you create & confirm a TO for your PCN only the Stock Category will change. Now inorder to move the stock to your req bin you have process the TR which was created @ the time of GR.

Now coming to the 2nd query, when you do a GI against the Cost Center in IM, system will create a TR in WM as per the settings.

Process this TR using LT04 transaction & confirm the same so that the process will be complete from WM end also.

Thanks & Regards,

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I received the material in the bin i wanted as Quality. Then i made MIGO 321 make in IM the material as unrestricted. Then with the RCN No i transfer the material from the Bin with Q indicator to unrestricted. The thing is that it goes to the quality inspection bin and does not remain in the same bin. Let alone, when i make a new TO to take it back from the quality inspection bin, it appears in the intitial screen with quantity zero "0".

Many Tahnx for your very helpfull answers

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt get what exactly are you trying from your above reply.

See Suppose you did a GR for 100 Qtys with Stock type as QA, then you move this 100 qtys to the destination bin by creating TO against the TR created at the time of GR. The stock will be QA only.

Now to change the Stock type from QA to Un.use you are creating a TO against the PCN document created at the time of 321 mov in IM.

When you create & Confirm the TO created against the PCN the Stock type will be changed to Un-use.

Note: Now the Qty in QA Stock of the Material = 0 since you have moved the same to un-use.

So if you try to remove from the QA stock again by creating a TO system will show the Qty as 0 only which is absolutely correct.

Thanks & Regards,

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

So basically, after creating the TO base on the RCN the material is ok. i am asking because in the quality storage are i see in that bin the material qith quantity and at the destination bin the material appears with quantity zero "0". i thought it will change the previous line that has Q indicator and appear the same line without Q.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If u refer some of the earlier threads I believe I answered this question.

After GR system will create inspection lot .This inspection lot will be clear & system will create PCN with 321 movement. This PCN has to be converted into TO.

Regard

Prashant

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant Dhakane ,

If it is possible, please specify the links of this threads. I did not find any. Also PCN? I am trying to make 321 Mvm type but the system shows deficit stock although at MMBE it shows stock at quality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the material master is defined for quality inspection creation , it would automatically create the QI lot for MIGO, and for receiving the stock into unrestrcted you can do the posting change with MB1B or release the stcok from the quality.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tahnk you for your answer. However, isn't it possible to determine during MIGO to enter into quality? I mean to enter Q and not with Mvm type 103. will Mvm type 103 can do the job?

Also MB1B is MM transaction. Will this remove the stock from the storage bin to unrestricted stock? I tried to make MB1B with 321 Mvm type, but the system displays error of deficit stock, although there is stock in the quality inspection (MMBE).

Please advise

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aldais,

Answer to "isn't it possible to determine during MIGO to enter into quality? " is Yes. During MIGO, on the item detail section, select "Where" tab and set "Stock type" as "2 Quality inspection". The GR will then be posted to QI stock. If QM is activated for the receiving plant, quality inspection lot will be created.

For transfer posting from QI to Unristricted stock, it should work with MB1B (mvt 321) only if QM is not activated, meaning no inspection lot is created for the QI stock. Otherwise, you need to following QM process to do Usage Decision to post QI to Unristricted stock.

Hope it helps.

Edited by: YorkD on Aug 6, 2009 12:48 PM

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear York, Thank you for your answer. I have maded MB1B movement, but when i display the storage bin i still see the material with Q indicator. Isn't MB1B an inventory movement? How WM is reflected?

Regards