cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use LT41 and LT42 Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I need to test LT41 & LT42 transactions related to Warehouse Management. Please let me know, the purpose of these transactions in Business Perspective and also the details steps for executing the same.

Is any configuration required to be maintained mandatory for testing the same?

While processing these Transactions, I am unable to select the Movement types inside the transactions. When I process further, I am ending up with error No active selection for group assignment

Thanking you in advance

Best Regards,

Ramakrishna Mangena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Through LT41 we group together multiple TRs . For example for 100 materials you have created 100 TR for stock removal. Now you don't have enough material to be removed for last 50 materials . So what you can do is for those materials you have goods assign to a group through LT41 . And for those you don't have sufficient stock assign to another group through LT41.

Now create TOs for first group through LT42 .

And when you have enough material you can use the LT42 , give the 2nd group no. and create TO .

Hope it clears your doubt .

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thank you Very Much for your reply. Here I am having one problem in creation of Group in LT41 Transaction. If I execute LT41 transaction, it is showing the list of Movement type. Now on selecting one, it is showing the TRs for a given Movement type. But now I am unable to select the TRs.

If I select Assign Group, then it is resulting in error as " No active selection for group assignment" Message no. L5003

Please advise me, whether to maintain any settings / Any pre-requisite step is missing

Thank you,

Regards,

Ramakrishna Mangena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

when you execute it shows a list of movement types ??? This should not happen .

In standard system you execute LT41 , Give shipment type (putaway , stock removal , posting changes like that ) and it will show all relevant TRs . What are you giving in shipment type ? you you keep it as * it will not allow you to select the TRs .

Use E , A or U and try again.

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I could create Group in LT41. Now if I go to LT42, then after giving the Group, it is taking me to LT04 Transaction. I am unable to see individual TR details.

can you please explain, how it happens in detail.

Thank you,

Regards,

Ramakrishna Mangena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

suppose you have 5 TRs which you need to convert to TO and you need to use same movement type (eg 501 ) for that.

Now when you execute LT41 you will see one line item for 501 movement type with 5 in open item field .

Now in select item field you can choose all the 5 TRs and can assign those to a group .

Now in LT42 it will create 5 TO for those 5 TR . you execute LT42 , give group no , it will redirect you to create transfer order screen (LT04) and there you have to create 5 To one by one . After completing one system will suggest another . It is how the TCODE LT42 is configured .

"I am unable to see individual TR details. "

It will redirect you to TO creation screen individually . SO you will se individual details there but one after another .

Hope it clears your doubt.

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.  I read many posts but you are the only one who observed the Shipment Type as '*' being the problem.   Your suggestion worked for me.  thanks again.   

Answers (0)