Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal integration: Navigation from Web Dynpro to other iviews

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to implement a navigation from my web dynpro application (which is embedded in our corporate Netweaver portal) to another portal iview.

Therefor I use the "absolute navigation" functionality:

CALL METHOD lo_portal_manager->navigate_absolute

EXPORTING

navigation_target = 'pcd:portal_content/BOSCH_CONTENT/INTERNAL/CONTENT/MY_WORK/MANAGEMENT_SUPPORT/ORDERINGS/PAGES/rb.inside.page.EWORKS_PROCUREMENT'

By hitting a button in the web dynpro this functionality is executed but nothing happens.

The iview defined as target is not called.

The SAP documentation (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/18/f96f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm) says, the "Absolute address, path for page or iView in the portal content directory. " should be defined as target.

Address, for example ROLES://portal_content/...

I also copied the address from the portal content directory, but it always starts with "pcd:portal_content" and not with "ROLES://portal_content/".

Is this an issue of the portal or of the method call?

Thank you a lot in advance...

Regards

Stefan Löhlein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please refer to the following blog :

link:[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2843] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

this can help you .

regards,

amit

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link, but this blog relates more to portal eventing then to portal navigation.

The iview which I want to navigate is not a WebDynpro or a BSP iview, so I am not able to trigger an portal event here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Please check the iview Properties in that you have a Launch URL copy that URL and paste it

Thanks

Tulasi

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the properties of the iview, the field "PCD location" is:

pcd:portal_content/BOSCH_CONTENT/INTERNAL/CONTENT/MY_WORK/MANAGEMENT_SUPPORT/ORDERINGS/IVIEWS/rb.inside.iview.EWORKS_PROCUREMENT

I don't find any field like "Launch URL"...

Edited by: Stefan Loehlein on Aug 4, 2009 9:37 AM

Edited by: Stefan Loehlein on Aug 4, 2009 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How r u testing this navigation? on Portal / SE80 ?

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am testing it in the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes in the properties it is pcd: but you need to give it as 'ROLES://' . It works for me and please change pcd: to 'ROLES://'

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, I also tried this, but just nothing happens.

Not even an error is occuring...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.first check if popup blokcer is is disabled for the portal url you are testing with.(This is asuming you are navigating to the iview as an external window).

2.Make sure you are testing this in the context of portal .ie you are runnning the web dynpro within portal and not outside portal as an application.

3.The iview that you would be prefixing with ROLES:// should have the permissions set for the user you are testing with.

Regards,

Ashok

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. I am calling the other iview inplace / same window

2. I am running the web dynpro in the portal

3. permissions are sufficient as I am able to navigate to the other iview manually

Is it possible to navigate to any iview? Or only to web dynpro or BSP iviews?

I want to navigate to an URL iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right .Any iview navigation should be possible.