Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to conect MQ using JAVA Mapping

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi frnds,

I am working on File to JMS Scenario, I want to connect to MQ at mapping level,i need to set the value of MQMD MSG id.

anyone tried??

regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i never heared of something like that being realized. Maybe not doable... because you would need to connect to MQ during the mapping phase. But therefore an adapter (comm. channel) is needed which may not be available at this process stage. Java only may not be sufficient, because of missing JMS libraries which are deployed for the comm. channel only.

So maybe a BPM may help you here or an expended process which fetches the message => changes the MS ID => gives it back to MQ => another Comm. channel fetches it again => main process

Regards,

Kai

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replay. JAVA Map or UDF its possible to conect DB or R/3, so i am thinking that we can connect to MQ.

my requirement is I need to set MQMD Msg ID Value to some constant.

any inputs welcome.

cheers,

raj

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to do this using communication channel accessor classes to do this or you could write your own JMS calls, but the first method is easier as far resolving JMS drivers, not hardcoding user ID/passwords etc. However, if you can explain a little bit more on what you are trying to, I could provide more help.

When you say you are trying to set the MQMD message ID to some constant, what are you exactly trying to do. If you are trying to write entries in the message queue using mapping, it is strongly not suggested to do so. You don't want to deal with any persistance during message mapping mapping could get executed more than once, causing inconsistencies.

KK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried using JAVA Mapping,but it is giving linkage error...I think its not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos