cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jave version for PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a high end laptop, and I am currently running JRE version 5 update 14. However, my Enterprise Service Repository keeps crashing with a heap space error. I downgraded my JRE from version 6 update 19 this morning as that is what I was told was the problem with the heap space. However, I am still having issues with it.

Is there anything specific I need to do in order to resolve this?

Any help would be appreciated as I am not too familiar with what JAVA version I need.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, I will try with that java version. I see I was reading it wrong in the previous thread.

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to use JAVA 1.5 update 18 for PI7.1,dont use 1.6 because PI7.1 not tested with 1.6 as per my knowledge,

First increase Heap size in your laptop,

then increase heap size in JAVA WebStart to, there is a one link regarding Heap problems in SDN, currecntly i dont have the link search in sdn ,there is solution how to increase heap size in JAVA WebStart,if i found i will update you.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

On sun's webpage there is only the option of downloading version 5, 1.4 or 1.3.

Can you point me to a link that I can get the version 1.5 from?

Thanks again for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java version "1.6XXX" version is fine for ESR.

It is possible that you might have multiple version. Goto command prompt and type "java - version", it will display JRE used by your machine.

Then uninstall all java version and then re-install JDK/JRE 1.6+ then it should work.

Regards,

Gourav

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your problem seems due to memory space, better to cehck with network team & basis team. It will sort out easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that it is not a problem on my local java install, but on the server side?

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below link on PI 7.1 installation

/people/peter.gutsche/blog/2008/11/11/quickly-install-configure-and-run-sap-netweaver-pi-71

Meanwhile check SAP note 1226831