SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner for functional location of connecttion object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Thank you for your support,

I would require to have a Migration Object : PARTNER for FUNCTIONAL LOCATION of CONNECTION OBJECT.

i know its a custom development can you help me with this context. To go ahead and develop this.

As i would require this to complete the data migration cycle for one part.

what are the requirement i need to take care to make this customization possible?

Regards,

Robert.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Please add some more details. What exactly do you want to create in the system? Are there custom fields in the business partner or in the functional location you want to populate?

Cheers,

Fritz

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Please add some more details. What exactly do you want to create in the system? Are there custom fields in the business partner or in the functional location you want to populate?

Cheers,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Thank you for your response,

My need is to create a PARTNERS for the FUNCTIONAL LOCATION.

LET ME DESCRIBE IT.

WHEN I AM CREATING A FUNCTION LOCATION USING IL01, AS I ENTER A FUNCTIONAL LOCATION AND PRESS ENTER IN THE NEXT SCREEN.

AND

I NEED TO ENTER THE PARTNERS FROM THE DROP DROWN MENU GOTO ->PARTNERS

WHICH TAKES ME TO THE NEXT SCREEN WHERE I NEED TO FILL THE INFORMATION IN THE TWO FIELDS : FUNCT & PARTNER.

I need a partner for the functional location that i mentioned above.and i need to upload that information in through Emigall.

So my query was that can we customize that partner for this functional location and if yes, what should the constraints,

what are steps required? Do we require a custom service module?

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Good day,

Can you help me in this regards as this is very important development for my project in Emigall and for the data loading team as with this i have one more development attached to it.

Hoping for a solution.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can try creating a custom object using the Function Module PM_PARTNER_UPDATE.

The important parameters for this FM which would be passed using EMIGALL will be:

1) COUNTER - Counter for differentiation 6-digit

2) OBJNR - Connection Object / Function Location (can be KSM)

3) OBTYP - Fixed Value - IFL

4) PARNR - Business Partner Number(Can be KSM)

5) PARVW - Partner Function

6) UPDKZ - Update Indicator - Fixed Value - I

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for you reponse,well i followed your instruction and i went ahead and created a Custom Migration Object and as i could see that there are no fields in this function module in export and import parameters,so do i need to change something in the return field and the return structure and the structure type of the service function module.

and if i do not need to change anything then i am getting an error that the 12345 table can not be supplemented.

can you suggest me on this further.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Well i have tried to follow the same as your instruction i am getting an error as "THE IS-U table for was not supplemented".

I was wondering that have i kept the return structure and return field in the same as it is,i mean i did not change anything in return structure and return field and should i change anything..

thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos

Hi robert,

Return Structure should be BAPI_NEW_KEY, Strucutre type should be TEMKSV and Return Filed should be BAPI_NEW_KEY-NEWKEY.

Also, you have to write an event at after the execution of service module. Check the value of SUBRC and write the following code:

BAPI_NEW_KEY-NEWKEY = 'X'.

DB_UPDATE = 'X'.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for you help i will try to implement that in the mean while i have one more issue regarding Emigall and i wrote to Fritz but i guess he is unavailable at the moment so can you just help me to resolve this issue which i have been stuck up with,

Its about Uploading data for Equipment Master through Emigall

I have made a custom object with the BAPI : BAPI EQUIPCREATE.

I need to upload all the data which is similar to IE01 Trx.

Regards,

Robert