cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text File is not picking with data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing file to file scenario without IR as file will be generated by the ECC system and places in SAP FTP App Server.

My job is to pick up the file and send it to the Third Party Application Server.

But when i am picking up the Text file the data in the file is converting into special characters like below format.

ÅÁÄÅÙ@ððððððâÖÕÄÅçöôðð@@@@@@òððùð÷ñ÷ðñ%@@@@@@@@@@@@@@òððùð÷ñ÷%ÄÅãÁÉÓ@ðððð

I have tested with other Application server with same file its working fine, but when i send the file from SAP FTP Appl server the data is converting in the above format.

Right now when i open file zilla it is opening with 3 FTP Appl Server in that suppose lets say the FTP are APP1, APP2, APP3.

1.When i send the file from APP1 through Transport Protocol NFS System the file is picking up and placing successfully in the Third Party APP3 App Server fiolder but the data in the file is converting into special charaters.

2.when i send the same file from APP2 through Transport Protocal FTP the file is picking up and placing successfully in the third party APP3 App server and here the same data is coming in the text file, there is no data conversion.

I am not getting here, when i send the file from APP1 the data is converting but when i send the same file from APP2 App srever the data is posting correctly.

And also i can give you one more info.. if i try with puting the Transport Protocal as FTP in APP1 then i am getting error in sender comm channel as 'log on attempt by User JOHN rejected' : contact your FTP server vendor.

But i think for sending the file from SAP Appl Server we can use TP as NFS rather than FTP.

And also i can give one more info: The Version is the ECC system is using the 4.6c for which there is no compatability for unicodes.

Can anyone please advise what would be the wrong.

Appreciate your inputs

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope the SAP APP server is diffeent than PI server ,if it is Yes then need to use FTP rather than NFS

if it is same then need to have proper privilege for user JOHN for perform IO operations

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

They said that SAP APP Server and PI server are there in same system. If this is correct how can i check whether both servers are in same system.Is there any steps provided.

I will check with them whether JOHN has perform IO operation.

my understanding of IO is input,output it is correct or any othee meaning is theree.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean reading /writing privileges for the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for oyur valuable inputs.

Now its working fine.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reason because file is not picked up.

>'log on attempt by User JOHN rejected' : contact your FTP server vendor.

clearly user/password for this FTP server or system is not correct. Get correct userid/password for your Application server where you are trying to poll.

>The Version is the ECC system is using the 4.6c for which there is no compatability for unicodes

File transfer is nothing to unicode here.

Regards,

Gourav