SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student info self service...for students

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I haven't found this on the EHP3 or EHP4 documentation, but maybe someone knows if there is something standard for what I need. I need to give the student the possibility to access the Portal and see his/her courses, grades, status, holds he/she may have, his/her timetable, etc

Is there any standard webdynpro for this? It is a "must to have" feature for an University, so maybe it is there and I couldn't find it...

I know there is the PIQ_AUDIT BSP, where I can set an Student view, and there the academic work can be displayed, with grade, etc. I think it is also possible for the student to simulate an audit. But is there any new webdynpro for this adding some other feature?

The EHP4 release notes mentions something related to Student User Interface, but it only mentions there the Course Registration self service feature..

Thanks for the help.

Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

Try Enterprise portal. They will integrate what all you need a student to see. Once a student have the portal access he can view data such as his/her courses, grades, status, holds he/she may have, his/her timetable, etc

I am not sure about any standard WebDynpro or BSP application. Lets waite for some more replies.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

Try Enterprise portal. They will integrate what all you need a student to see. Once a student have the portal access he can view data such as his/her courses, grades, status, holds he/she may have, his/her timetable, etc

I am not sure about any standard WebDynpro or BSP application. Lets waite for some more replies.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

The following standard web-dynpro applications ( EHP4 ) may help you for this

PIQUIBB_AT_ATTENDANCE_OVW attendance overview

PIQIB_ST_HOLDS iBlock: Student - Holds

PIQIB_ST_EXAM iBlock: Student - Examination

PIQ_STIC Student Info Center

PIQ_STIC_ETI Student Info Center ETI

PIQUIBB_AT_ST_NOTE Student Note

and i found a web dynpro application for student time table in EHP 3 is: PIQ_DEMOTT

Warm Regards,

Sravan Kumar V

0 Kudos

Sravan, thanks for your answer.

You are right, I can use that Dynpros/BSP and call them from an Student perspective in the portal.

I will work on them.

Diego

0 Kudos

Hi Deigo,

You can find the business package related to Student self service in the SAP Notes: 1165442 & 1160106.

Regards,

Sravan

0 Kudos

Thanks Sravan.

The thing is, as I see, that we have some self sercices for student there (course registration, graduation, etc), but we don't have an "Sudent info Center" or something like that for students, where to see their courses, statuses, financial info, etc

We have to develop that using some of the wendynpros used in other scenarios, I guess.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

You are right deigo. Even i tried to embed Student Info Center Web Dynpro 'PIQ_STIC' in student self-service but the application is meant for only academic advisor role. We are trying to get more elaborate information for student role using other Web Dynpro applications. Will let you know once we complete this activity

Regards,

Sravan

0 Kudos

Hi diego

Did u Reach ur requirement , even i have the same thing here.

As the Stic is meant for Advisor, how can we use it for student with out entering the student number.

and after enteing the student number i can see the STIC , if i configure in STUdent , so any student can see any one s.

my requirement is, when the student logins he has to see only his STIC with some of the tabs disbaled, like examination.

so how can we disable that .

can u pls help me\

Bye

sandeep