SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Update and Commitment Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Company wants each document should be update in Funds management. System only update the document of commitment item which have catgory (30/3) either it is real or statiscal.

I just want to know the soultion , should I change the catgory of all commitment item ? or any other advise. Company even want update of commitement item (60/2, 60/3) which is assigned to customer/vendor reconciliation account. what is the impact on system i change thecategor of this commitement item?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every relevant document is updated in FM, when the FM is active. Commitment item category secures creation of FM document, but even if there are other categories, FM tables are still getting updated (with no creation of FM document). What's exactly the requirement of your client? FM hsould be used to manage the budget, and not just to keep data in the tables Anyway, do not change vendors/customers reconciliation accounts assignment to other commitment items category as it will create inefficient inscription in FM tables, which won't serve the purpose of budget management.

I presume, they don't manage budget for vendors, don't they? They won't stop a payment for vendor because of the 'lack of budget'. So, what's the purpose of creating these commitment item budget-controlled???

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every relevant document is updated in FM, when the FM is active. Commitment item category secures creation of FM document, but even if there are other categories, FM tables are still getting updated (with no creation of FM document). What's exactly the requirement of your client? FM hsould be used to manage the budget, and not just to keep data in the tables Anyway, do not change vendors/customers reconciliation accounts assignment to other commitment items category as it will create inefficient inscription in FM tables, which won't serve the purpose of budget management.

I presume, they don't manage budget for vendors, don't they? They won't stop a payment for vendor because of the 'lack of budget'. So, what's the purpose of creating these commitment item budget-controlled???

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for detailed reply.

I know when FM is active, every document is updated in FM as well. I think it needs to clear my requirement .

client has 25 Commitment items which are assigned to General ledger and out of 15 ,client want to watach the budget. I mean avaliablity control must work . I created these 15 commitement item (30/3) in system and made assignement to GL ( Expense/Balance Sheet). as repuirement .Client entered Budget and avaliability control working fine. at the time actual posting system also create the FM document . which is OK

10 Commitement item which they want to assigned General ledger ( Cash & Bank account, reconciliation account Clearing Account, loan, Capital etc), Client do not want to make budget of these commitement item. I created commitement item for reconciliation account ( vendor/Customer) with catogory 60/2/3, some commitementitem with catogory 90/1. and made assignement to GL as per requirement. But at the time of actual posting , system does not create FM document for these commitment item. Client want FM document of these commitement item, but not real. Thats mean they need statiscal posting for these Commitement item.

Now please guide if change the commitment catogry (30/3) with statiscal indicator , system create the FM document and the client requirement fulfill, but need to know the impact on system. they want to get the line item report of these commitement item which is usful for their reporting, they can get from FI ( by selecting GL which are relevant to Commitement Item )as well but they need from FM

What is your opinion, should I change the Commitement item category or any other solution or should i convince user to get this report from fi line report by adding your general ledger as per commitement item....................

Thanks

Edited by: SAP 2008 on Aug 3, 2009 3:12 PM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly: you should explain to your client, that FM is supposed to manage the budget and not serve the reporting purposes. Also, I do not get what additional information gets your client from balance sheet accounts assigned to 30/3 commitment items, if he does not manage the budget there? He can easily have this info in G/L tables (also FM assignment is stored there). What does he need FM documents for? It's only increasing the data volume in the system with no use. Additionally, such definition of commitment items is against SAP standard; of course, if you don't have certain functionalities, such as payments transfer, this definition won't harm the system, but potenitially it will be wrongly defined and could pose problems in the future, when the decision will be taken to get back to standard.

Regards,

Eli