cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement MEREQ001 problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from 4.6B to ECC5.0. To get rid of MODS we wanted to use PReq enhancement MEREQ001. The scenario is that we want to change the Preis(Std price) field of an item for a certain condition on PReq creation.

We included this enhancement in a project and tried to activate the project. According to documentation only the screen needs to be activated even if this is not used. We did that. This project gets activated only partially. It says to activate the three CI_INCLUDES also for full activation. We dont require these includes.

But to activate the project we did the following:-

I activated a structure CI_EBANDB provide by SAP and added a dummy field into it. This structure is part of the table EBAN (Purchase Requistion table). On trying to activate this structure, it gave an error that the structure is part of table EBAN and hence the table also neesd to be adjusted.

Then I went into the database utilities for the table EBAN and executed it with the option 'Activate & adjust database " + Save data radio button. The activation failed with an error. Many transactions started giving dump .

So my question is that do we need to activate these CI_INCLUDES also to work with this enhancement.

Or if anybody has worked on this enhancement in ECC5.0 who can help me in using this enhancement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmant1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Some one might have created a screen for testing (SAPLXM02 0111 ) . You delete that and you can activate only the fucntion exit.

Also if this doesn't work you can use the BADI: ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST Enhancements for Processing Enjoy PReqs: Customer

which will surely solve your purpose.

Thanks,

Lakshman.

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Sorry ... misunderstood your question.

You can go to t/code <b>CMOD</b> to activate the project.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward point if helpful

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You don't need to activate the includes such as CI_EBANDB and CI_EBANMEM unless you want to add custom fields into SAP Purchase Requisition screen(s) or make custom enhancement.

Activate means adding new custom field(s) to include structure like you added dummy field to CI_EBANDB. Once you added and save, the system will prompt you to activate and adjust table EBAN.

If the activation failed, it will be impacted to any transaction, program, etc that related to table EBAN.

Please be very careful. Either you fix the error or undo the changes and reactivate.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward point if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks for your reply.

My question is not how to track back. That I know.

My only question is how to activate the project in which I have included the enhancement. Its asking me to create the includes and activate it. Othervise the project remains partially active and we cant use it.

Regards,

Rohit