cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spool id at CLOSE_FORM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am tring to check spool no generated for a print form as I need to send the output of the form to a mail Id.

For that purpose I am putting break-point on close_form .When I press on print preview it goes to debugg screen but that time ITCPP-spoolid is not getting generated.

when I press print that time it is not getting stop at break-point.

Can any body tell me whats the reason behind it.

help will be appretiated.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanisha,

In spite, capturing spool ID, why not you are trying to acieve the same in different way? Please check the below link:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/emailsendthroughoutputcontrols

Might be it will help you out.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Print previews will not generate spools and therefore no spool id is available. You must actually send the document to print to have a spool.

You also might want to try checking syst-spono.

Becky

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any output generated in spool ?

Check SP02 after the excution of program.

Usually if output is generated the spoolid is returned by CLOSE_FORM function module

DATA WA_RESULT TYPE ITCPP .

CALL FUNCTION 'CLOSE_FORM'
  IMPORTING
    RESULT   = WA_RESULT .

WRITE WA_RESULT-TDSPOOLID .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply.Spool is getting created after print (i checked in sp01) but it is not triggering break point at close_form.

From where I can get spool id alternatively?

Thank you very much.

Tanisha

Edited by: Tanisha on Aug 4, 2009 8:07 AM

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello:

Not to seem silly, but are you sure the routine your close_form function is in is being executed? You might want to debug your program more closely. It is possible the form is being closed by the end of the program and not your 'close_form' function.

One of the other people posting is correct in that you might want to consider alternate ways to do this also. The smartform reference might not work for you, but if you are sending this to a customer, you might want to look how rvador01 or rvadin01 handle this. If you are sending this to a vendor, you might want to look at the logic in function ME_PRINT_PO.

Becky

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After print preview you press back button and then the system would stop after the CLOSE_FORM call, here you can able to see the spool id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

At print priveiw it is not creating spool id . i checked the way you explianed it is showing 0 value . And at print it is not stoping at debugg point.

Kindly let me know if anything else can be done.

Thanks and Regards ,

Tanisha

Edited by: Tanisha on Aug 3, 2009 1:49 PM