Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Workflow Questions for BUS2104 / IMA11

We want to be able to run custom workflow instead of delivered and want to be able to start workflow from a custom tab - via pushbutton .

Question one : The combination of pressing the "for approval" pushbutton and save icon starts the workflow now, but we want to disable that and let it start from the newly created pushbutton. We still want the for approval button to work, but not to start workflow .

How can we accomplish this?

Question two : We want to use services for object for note attachments, but do not want user to start workflow from here. How can we disable only the start workflow option or at least remove the workflows from showing in the list ?

In summary, we are only wanting user to start workflow from our newly created button and disable all other avenues.

Thanks .

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Dale,

I guess you are referring to the use of standard workflow template WS00300022 or a copy of it?

Looking at the template, I first noticed it is event triggered by default. This means that the workflow kicks off whenever a corresponding event is raised/published somewhere in the system. In addition to this, you can also start the workflow directly in custom code.

In the current scenario (not being familiar with the exact workflow), the event seems to be raised when the save button is pressed. In the standard template this event linkage is deactivated so in order to make it work, you would need to activate it first.

If you would like the workflow to be triggered by using custom logic and not with events, you would thus need to do the following (answer to Q1):

a) Deactivate the event linkage between WS00300022/own custom template and event BUS2104-TO_BE_APPROVED to make the save button workflow trigger deactivate.

b) use fm SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW to start the workflow by entering its call to your custom button logic.

Regarding Q2, I don't think it's possible to remove the option from the list completely. However, I believe you can limit its use by authorizations - have a look at authorization object S_WF_WI for more details. You can e.g. prevent users from starting workflows with it by using work item type F in combination with activity 16.

Hope this helps,

-Mikko

ps. Please post future workflow-related messages to the Netweaver-Business Process Management (BPM) forum for more replies.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question