cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggesting an amendment to SAP Code for a future patch release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a process for suggesting an improvement to SAP Standard code, if so, what is it, as I have an open OSS Note that is pretty much being rejected?

Basically, we have written a custom program that calls the function Module '/SAPCND/MNT_SEM_KEY_ENQUEUE_OW'. This is SAP Standard.

This function module in turn calls the function module "ENQUEUE_/SAPCND/E_VRNUMH". Again, this is SAP Standard.

The 'ENQUEUE_/SAPCND/E_VRNUMH' function module is called with the Exporting Parameter:

_wait = ' ' 

However, we have had to change the SAP Standard code to:

_wait = 'X' 

So that we can use an implementation of this SAP Standard Function Module within a Parallel Process and not have items lock and fail during processing.

The current code that is provided "as is" restricts the use and scalability of the function module to a single process.

What we are asking is if it is possible for the current SAP Code to be changed in a patch (or whatever) so that when we upgrade or patch our system, we do not lose the benefit of the enhancement to SAP Code, or have to re-add in the code.

We are processing 10,000s of items a day using this and using SAP Standard deliever Function Modules and a Parrallel Process was the best way to achieve the desired result of speed and functionality.

This way, other businesses and consultants can potentially benefit from the same enhancement without detracting from the current functionality delivererd within the code.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did they not mention SAP Note # 11?

Perhaps you pressured them into something irrational?

I noticed once before that the message was ping-ponged until I had enough and then closed it. 2 months later I found the correction in an SP. But it required a kernel correction as well, and that takes longer because of downward compatability.

Of course they could have tried to explain this to me, but closing the message was easier at the time.

Hope you understand this example...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems after installing a patch that was released yesterday that tried to do something similar, made the issue worse!

My note has been forwarded to the developers for consideration....