Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service not calling GUI_DOWNLOAD properly

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am testing my webservice using WS Navigator, the base implementation of the underlying FM is fetch some data and store it in presentation server using gui_download, however if i call web service using ws navigator, gui_download is throwing some unknown_error (sy-subrc 6 ) it is not downloading the file to specified path. if i execute FM in se37 it is downloading file with out any problem.

Please suggest me the problem and solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope you're not kidding us

GUI_DOWNLOAD is called GUI_DOWNLOAD because it uses your GUI-component, i.e. the SAPGUI to download data to your client machine, instead of using some other (standardized) protocol.

So, if there is no GUI program, as in your webservice call, there is of course no GUI_DOWNLOAD working.

anton.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elobarate this gui_download functionality, how can i achieve my required functionality i.e., download data to presentation server using web service call ( if i am not wrong i.e., from webGUI).. thanks.

Edited by: kranthi kumar on Aug 3, 2009 4:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Can you please elobarate this gui_download functionality, how can i achieve my required functionality i.e., download data to presentation server using web service call ( if i am not wrong i.e., from webGUI).. thanks.

>

> Edited by: kranthi kumar on Aug 3, 2009 4:02 PM

basically, you can't (using nothing but a webservice).

actually a webservice is to be used by a webservice consumer which has to be programmed in any programming language and be embedded into some program. otherwise you don't even have a mechanism to store anything (which is for example provided by the SAPGUI) .

and after all the webservice itself has to gather and transmit the data in question (i.e. it has to have provisions in its interface and implemented that properly).

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GUI_Download only works in ABAP environment when someone loggedin using SAP GUI.

You can write ABAP (or .Net) program which call webservice and fetch data, and allow user to download it using GUI_DOWNLOAD function.

Your webservice collect data and ABAP program is just calling it and GUI_Download is written in ABAP program which is used by user not inside webservice.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos