cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In jdbc cc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In JDBC scenario,

after creating communication channel we need give jdbc drivers details what is that two parameters?can any one explain me each and every words in that parameters?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CC JDBC Parameters:

Connection:

Format need to be specified as - jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:port:SID

jdbc: oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ntbomsap13)(PORT = 1527)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = XI3) (SERVER = DEDICATED) ) )

Here in this connection url I have replaced: @hostname: port: SID with the TNSNAMES file content.

Processing Parameters:

1.Query SQL Statement: e.g.- select empid, empname, empage from emp_det where empid>1

2. Update SQL Statement: e.g - update emp_det set flag=2 where flag=1

Regards,

Anurag

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you asking about two parameters are Connection and JDBC Driver? if yes then

Driver is for loading the driver, we have different types of drivers are available on that which driver we are using that we have mention here.

Connection is for establishing the connection between database and your application by using the driver (this we alreay mentioned in the JDBC Driver parameter).

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I tried to do the scenario flat file to jdbc in my IDES, XI 3.0 version . for filling l jdbc driver,connection details parameters where i can find the complete driver and connection details? database mysql was installed in my system?

thanks in advance.

Edited by: new bee to xi on Aug 5, 2009 1:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For mysql

JDBC Driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection: jdbc:sqlserver:<hostname/ipaddress>:<Port>;databaseName=<DBName>

Regards,

Chandra Shekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition to above

One is for driver which indicates the type of JDBC adapter need to used for connection establishment and other is the connections details like to where is the database hosted whatis the port...

Note you need to deploy the drivers of specific vendors before hand

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) JDBC Driver -Java class of JDBC driver that JDBC adapter must load to be able to access the drive

2) Connection- Address with which you can establish a connection using JDBC driver

Regards,

Jude