cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman_setup and maintenance optimizer configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We've newly installed Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 and we want to configure maintenance optimizer for approving SP. Is it mandatory to use solman_setup tcode or can we configure maintenance optimizer via tcode solution_manager and smsy.

Best Regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've used solman_setup tcode.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

You only have to look the main link from SAP Marketplace MOPZ (http://service.sap.com/mopz) in there you have all information that you need to configure the new features of that particulary service at this new Eph1 version.

Like it was said by some guys here it´s recommend to apply the last stack which is now the stack 20 in Ehp1, this have the latest features and corrections that help to improve your solution manager system!

I hope this help you!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also created a client 100 where I first started solman_setup. It created solman_admin account OK in client 100. At SLD step, I tried both client 100 and 001 (after creating solman_admin manually in 001) but solman_setup cannot login. Login with sapgui is OK in both clients. Login with J2EE_ADMIN is OK (I'm guessing this is actually to 001 at this point). Uppercase, lowercase doesn't matter. I know it is attempting login to 001 because solman_admin eventually gets locked. Any ideas??

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IT better if u use Solman_setup because it will run a wizard and do the needful and in a proper manner but still if u are expert and have already done the setting in previous version then u can it urslf.

Go through the links to know more about this solman_setup wizard settings.

New Guided Procedure for Configuration of SAP Solution Manager

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001927282008E

Demo on Guided Procedure for Configuration of SAP Solution Manager

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000316542009E/Procedure_Configuration.exe

Hope it will help ur more

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for all information. I copied client 100 from 001. I am trying to configure solman via solman_setup. At SLD configuration, i could not logon SLD via solman_admin user of client 100. But i can logon any user of client 001. Is there any prerequisite about UME etc. before starting solman_setup?

Best Regards...

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Implement latest available Support Package Stack 20.

I would highly recommend to go through SOLMAN_SETUP, it will prepare your system for usage of MOPZ and other scenarios.

Don't try it on your own.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just upgraded my production Solution Manager system to Enhancement Package 1 and wonder if I need to do a Solman_Setup.

No doubt I would do it to an new install but I am not so sure of the need for an upgraded system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just upgraded my production Solution Manager system to Enhancement Package 1 and wonder if I need to do a Solman_Setup.

No doubt I would do it to an new install but I am not so sure of the need for an upgraded system.