Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

development involved in adding requistioner name to ME80FN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have posted this question before in reguards to using MEPO but the business has decided that they would like to see the requisitioner name on the ME80FN Header/Item screen. If you select a purchasing document line and click the "purchasing Document" button, this directs you to ME23N where the requisitioner name appears, but the business would like it on the header/item data screen. Mu question is - what is the process of adding the requisitioner name to ME80FN. I know there is a query involved and the program RM06EAAW is invloved but I am not sure what I have to change in order to get the field to display. If anyone has any experiece changing this type of process, can you please let me know what is involved. Please let me know if you any additional information.

thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to copy the infoset for the query ME80FN and add the additional field.

Steps

1). Goto SQ01 and select from the menu Environment-> Infosets

2). Copy the infoset /SAPQUERY/ME80FN to a custom query say ZSAPQUERYME80FN

3). Enable the additional field requitioner by adding them in the copied infoset

4). Assign the infoset to the existing query or copy the query as well and assign the new infoset to the new query.

The effor is minimal not much.

Cheers

VJ

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to copy the infoset for the query ME80FN and add the additional field.

Steps

1). Goto SQ01 and select from the menu Environment-> Infosets

2). Copy the infoset /SAPQUERY/ME80FN to a custom query say ZSAPQUERYME80FN

3). Enable the additional field requitioner by adding them in the copied infoset

4). Assign the infoset to the existing query or copy the query as well and assign the new infoset to the new query.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info. I'm sorry that I did not get back sooner. I have copied the infoset and added the new field. you state that you assign the infoset to the existing query or copy the query as well and assign the new infoset to the new query. I have some questions that I hope can cleared up.

1) if I modify the existing query ME80FN and change the production infoset with my copied one, won't I risk the possiblity that the infoaset could get overlaid if we do any kind of SAP maintenance or upgrade?

2) correct me if I am wrong on this one - if I copy the query and create a new query and assign the copied infoset to it, I will have to copy the program RM06EAAW to a custom program and add the logic to be abe to call the new query and well as create a new tcode to call the custom RM06EAAW.

thanks for all of the help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more thing if I copy the ME80FN query, do I copy it to the /SAPQUERY/ME user group or do I have to create a custom user group as well.

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiveing the final updated functional specs today and I will be starting to modify this process. Can someone please review my last two entries and let me know if this the correct way to proceed or if there is another way to handle this type of processing.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have dione all the steps. I have created a new query ZME80FN. I have copied the abap program RM06EAAW to ZRM06EAAW and added the code to call the new query. I had to add a entry to a table ESDUS to get the the program to work. Now I am having trouble creating the transaction code to execute the new Z pgm to execute the new query.

Am I doing this process the correct way. It seems like more than the "minimal effort" that was conveyed in the earlier post. I would appreciate any help on this. I have looking at this for a couple of days and I think I am close.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

oaky it looks like I have everything coded and when I run ZRM06EAAW usinhg se38, everything works okay. I would like to create a transaction code for this similar to ME80FN. I have been trying different combinations and cannot get the transaction code to execute successfully. Is there anyway to look at the t-code ME80FN "start object" selections to see what it coded. also anything else pertaining to the tcode ME80fn ( transaction variants, etc...)

thanks...