cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural authorisations in ESS & MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone explain me about the scope of controlling structural authorisations in the case of ESS and MSS through portal. I know this is not the correct place to ask about authorisations, but I am only asking about the possibility of controlling it through portal. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi goapl,

structural authorizations provide another layer to role authorizations. For example: If all managers are permitted CATS_DA via a role, all managers have access to all employee information available in CATS_DA. If structural authorizations are implemented (depends on how implemented), managers are restricted to their own employees info in CATS_DA.

Please see for a link to Norm & Carl's document about structural authorizations.

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

wat do you mean by 'structural authorization'.

Do you mean the user as in org structure?

can you elaborate your requirement?

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I mean the "user" as in Org strucutre. We need an administration Role for each Cost Centre (we 1000s of cost centres) so that, the administrator can enter Sickness or Expenses on behalf of others within their cost centre only. If we have to do this from R/3, we will end up having lot of maintainance Work to be done. So, we are thinking of alternative ways. Have you had a similar situation? If so, how did you approach this requirement. I hope this explains my requirement. Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks alot for your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

According to my knowledge,

one must have the users both in r/3 as well as in portal.

the r/3 users must be assigen to org structure,

all the r/3 users must assigned to portal users using 105 communication infotype.

Regards,

satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

one must have the users both in r/3 as well as in portal.

the r/3 users must be assigen to org structure,

all the r/3 users must assigned to portal users using 105 communication infotype.

I know that, we should have the users both in R/3 as well as in portal and the R/3 users must be assigned to org Structure and also about the 105 Communication type infotype. This, is a mandatory thing for us to use ESS.

But, I am asking about a different scenario where we need to controll the org structure authorisations from Portal. Is this possible at all?

Regards,

Gopal.